South Carolina piggies

COLD...THE COLD....in SC OR GEORGIA? LMAO. Come to Alberta my friend during hunting season. Deer season opens Province Wide Nov 01.....if you want to wear shorts you can....under your sweat, pants that are under your insulated coveralls that are under your Parka and tucked into your Minus 40 (min) rated boots! Lmao
You can keep that cold! I'm cold when its 70 in my house.

COLD...THE COLD....in SC OR GEORGIA? LMAO. Come to Alberta my friend during hunting season. Deer season opens Province Wide Nov 01.....if you want to wear shorts you can....under your sweat, pants that are under your insulated coveralls that are under your Parka and tucked into your Minus 40 (min) rated boots! Lmao
No thanks. That sounds miserable. If you'd like to compare weather, come visit us in August. We can walk the Francis Marion National Forest. It'll only be 105ish degrees with a heat index of 120 coupled with 90%relative humidity.
Come play. Bring snake boots.

I hunt on a 4,800 acre farm on the Savannah River Just south of Augusta. Over the years I have probably killed 50 hogs, all under 100 yards. The only way to get pigs in an open field is to bait them, so yo just as well bait them at 50 yards. I mostly kill my pigs during deer season, It's just hot to shoot them in the summer and the deer flies will eat you up.

I have several friends around Akin they don't have any hogs.
Pal of mine in Warrenville has quite a few.
I know that Jackson has their fair share too.

No thanks. That sounds miserable. If you'd like to compare weather, come visit us in August. We can walk the Francis Marion National Forest. It'll only be 105ish degrees with a heat index of 120 coupled with 90%relative humidity.
When my cousin came up for the funeral, he was cold here in Virginia. He said SC and GA has him spoiled.

When my cousin came up for the funeral, he was cold here in Virginia. He said SC and GA has him spoiled.
To be fair, cold to us is anything under 40degrees.
I'll go ahead and say it, y'all can keep that long winter with the white death from the sky. To hell with that Donner Party nonsense.

LOL! Yeah, that was something I had a hard time adjusting to when I came down here. All my experience told me that deer don't move much without getting pushed unless it is below freezing. Below 0°F is even better. The season is half over before it's cool enough to get me out into the woods.

I guess these southern deer just don't know that.

When I visit I shoot ton of yotes with 285 eldm 338 lapua lol
July 15-23 I will be in Texas on a pig hunt ..1st for me..... I m told it's gonna be warm....our Summers here we get 90 deg. Weather with 110 humidity...then from early November- March you can enjoy the sweat freezing to your face

Yeah beginning of bow season is pretty dern miserable in SC. U have to make sure u have your safety vest hooked up when in deer stand. Not from falling but from getting carried away by them bald eagle sized skeeters. And scent control is a beast!
Have you tried a Thermocell? Walmart has them & it's the best $10.00 you'll ever sped.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.