Something all of us should know!!!!

joseph

Something to think about if you post photos to social network sites.

There also is another video about this subject you should see after this one finishes.

Most young people are "tech" savvy to a point but they may not be aware of this feature- if they were they wouldn't be posting pictures of themselves in compromising situations.

Before you share photos online, watch this video - YouTube

But correct me if I am wrong. If you use a camera, (not a phone) that does not have an incorporated GPS in it. Then all this tracking is null and void.

Jeff

But correct me if I am wrong. If you use a camera, (not a phone) that does not have an incorporated GPS in it. Then all this tracking is null and void.

Jeff

This is how I understand it. You can also turn the GPS stuff off in your Smart phone. Also you would need to have the software on your computer to get the location info from the image. I run Adobe Photoshop CS4 the full version and tried to locate the location of some pictures taken with my phone and could not. Newer versions may have that function.

Yall do know you can turn off the geo tracking in your iPhone camera right? Not sure about Droids, but I know mine is turned off on my iPhone.

For those wanting to know, here's the steps on how to turn off the photo GPS tracking on your iPhone's camera...

Settings
Privacy
Location Services
Camera (slide the bar to the off position)

While in the location services section, you can turn off and on whatever you want. Some things it won't hurt to have the GPS service turned on for...Like the Compass, MapQuest, Maps, The Weather Channel app, or anything such as that, that is important to know where you're at to help determine certian specific things.

After you check all those out and turn the ones you want on, and the ones you don't, off...Go into System Settings. Turn every single one of those OFF, except for Cell Network Search and Setting Time Zone.

That should help most of yall who have iPhones.

Sorry, I've had iPhones since they came out...Over that large time-span you learn little tips and tricks about the phones and all their newly implemented things during each software update.

Jeff

Jeff, you are correct. Also as mudrunner said just turn your gps off and you are good to go. My old computer would not do this. I updated computers last week and as I was moving pictures around all of the pics from my phone showed the location they were taken as I clicked on them.I will now keep the gps off.

*Yawn*...

Guys I am from Big Stone Gap, Virginia.

I have nothing valuable in my house that would be worth the trouble. I welcome anyone who wants to look up my house on google maps and come see me. But... does anyone want to break into someones house or steal someones belongings when I'm telling you that I have over 25 guns..and they are all loaded. Any pictures I put on this site is probably from my cell phone. If you have the software in the video and locate my location...just remember..

you've been warned.

:D:D:D:D:D:D....gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.