Some Lapua Brass Suspended Production

okie22br

Just wanted to post this up !! Looks like Lapua is suspending production on some of there brass.
106FE038-E6F8-4671-94FB-92142FA2FB0B.jpeg

Scared me into a box of 6.5x284.
Mine did not want to expand to be turned, has a weird lip on the inside of the neck I had to ream out. I got a pack of Peterson and they've been running great. Highly recommend that brass, all the moreso if Lapua is out of the game for a bit.

Make them last. I use NORMA Brass for those now due to they were for some reason coming apart with lite loads. Same load with Norma and no problems.
Haven't had any issues myself other than loose primer pockets but that is to be expected with warm loads eventually. I do know what @QuietTexan is saying as I chamfer the inside real well before scrubbing and neck sizing, almost like the case mouth is turned in a little.

Maybe worth a bump up to keep people in the loop. I've been seeing a lot of want to buy adds for Lapua 22-250 on here lately. And some really high asking price on Lapua 22-250 ($400 for 200 cases on another forum). 6.5 Grendel 200 for $500.

I assume they picked which cartridges to stop producing based off those being less profitable. Lower profit margins and/or lower volume sold. They didn't discontinue the 6.5 and 300 PRC stuff.

Last edited: