Solution for elk hunting delema - 338 Lapua?

I have a friend that has killed alot of Elk and Moose with his .308 Win and 180gr accubonds. He shoots them in the neck and they drop instantly. Caliber isnt as important as accuracy and shot placement.

Wade

I have a friend that has killed alot of Elk and Moose with his .308 Win and 180gr accubonds. He shoots them in the neck and they drop instantly. Caliber isnt as important as accuracy and shot placement.
Wade

Has your friend mentioned at what distances he has shot them in the neck from - I like hunting and cheerish the moments of stalking and getting up close but I plan on taking my wife so it will help for us to be able to shoot longer distances - good ideas and options out there - I plan on using the TBAC suppressor because one suppressor can be screwed onto various TBAC breaks which are less than $200 - thanks for all the ideas and words of wisdom! Its all good - it really pays to prepare but nothing takes the place of just going out there and connecting with nature - it funny but I have this sensation of when deer are going to show even before I have seen anything that suggest they will be spotted but not elk! Has anyone one else ever felt a sensation that alerts them that one is about to come accross game? Angles - ? I wonder what it could be - I am very appreciated of God's help and thank God every time I feild dress - I always eat what I shoot and would like a nice rack to bring home some day but nothing compares to a home cooked meal with game meat!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.