Slimmer Grip Long Range Stock

Jerry D

I'm looking for recommendations on a stock that is comfortable to carry in the ready position but is also has a more vertical grip and is also comfortable to shoot in some offhand positions.

In planning a bare rifle in the 8.5lb range so I still want to to be comfortable to carry compared to some of the heavier rigs that are carried in packs.

All my factory sporter stocks are only 1.4" wide approx through the palm swell and carry nicely in the field.

I know some stocks are well liked such as the eh1 however I have read it's 2" wide through the palm swell which may be great when shooting but carrying at the ready. How would it be?

Here's a couple quotes from Manners.

T2 - The grip has not changed, it still feels a bit smaller and narrower than the T4A or PRS series stocks.

Newer LRH -
  • Greatly reduced overall size of the grip. The overall thickness of the grip was reduced while building up key areas in the palm swell to make it very comfortable for even the largest hands.
Eh5 - A lot of time went into the design of the grip on this stock, it moves your hand down and forward so your trigger finger is in a more natural position and you are not having to reach for the trigger. The area behind the trigger looks odd but it is designed to make your hand return to the same spot each time you grip the stock. It works very well with all sizes of hands, small or large

How do the manners compare to the mcmillians and ag composite vertical grips.

What would you recommend?

Edited to add. I have experience with the choate tactical stock which looks like a a5 clone. It is 1.90" wide and I'm looking for something narrower. I did read on another thread maybe a t3 or htg style stock might be best suited but I really have interest in the eh5 as a starting point an the ag alpine hunter

Thanks!

Last edited: