Stockys Long Range Composite Accublock stock?

Good advice above regarding the Stocky's option. I ordered one for a build right after they came out, aside from the weight they are quality stocks that will not hurt measures taken to build a quality rifle.
Having said that, after a couple of days I sent mine back and went with the McMillan A-5. You can get the non-adjustable versions (which are good for me) between $500-$600. Zero issues with the quality as it relates to structural integrity, I just didn't like the extra weight and knew Id be wishing I bought the McMillan down the road...

The Stockys LRC is a good platform. It is a bit porky at 3.5 lbs. If you use a standard Remington recoil lug installation is easy. If like me you use a .250" tapered lug there is definitely some grinding and filling to be done. Depending on your lug choice you can mount your barreled action and fire a few shots. If the marks left in the aluminum bed are clear and even you can call it good. I personally skim bedded although nothing screamed that it was necessary. With a 7mm Practical and 168gr Berger VLD hunting well under .5 MOA performance is commonplace to 800 yds which is my longest target opportunity. I don't know what your budget is but much can be accomplished with relatively little given modern manufacturing capabilities. One may have to invest a bit of sweat equity to get there but the end justifies the means. The satisfaction is priceless.

6205.jpeg I bought a cvg from stockys....cant recall if it was aluminum bedded of post....
After a slight mod to fit the 7rum it shot really well...it did hwvexthe larger forearm...was much heavier than the Tupperware original but shot good.....little little jump.........kind of sorry i sold it....
Stainless receiver and barrel......should have kept it and sold something else.....or just kept it.....but it wasn't one I wanted to pack around through the hills for any reason.....

Last edited:
As far as the recoil pad goes I'm pushing the 168's @ well above 3200fps and experience no discomfort whatsoever. 180gr VLD's north of 3100fps are very comfortable on the bench.

As far as the recoil pad goes I'm pushing the 168's @ well above 3200fps and experience no discomfort whatsoever. 180gr VLD's north of 3100fps are very comfortable on the bench.

My experience is in the context of shooting a hundred or more rounds in a day for matches or unsanctioned fun shoots. A few rounds to sight in on paper paper or hunting is a non-issue but that buttpad is stiff and I got several shoulder hickies due the grippy nature of the beast. Dont let that disuade anyone from buying a base model though, if you bought it at 300 bucks it would be a bargain; at <200 bucks it's a steal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts