Long Range Stocks

Take a look at Lonewolf stocks, pillar bedding is part of the package, light and very strong

Willys46,

I'm afraid to even ask this question but how much for the laminate with the adjustment? I was also under the impression that laminate, while stronger on average than wood, was not as desirable as composite for that reason. Also, what kind of wood is that on your dad's rifle?

Hicks

Hicks,
I would hate to miss quote the cost of the stock with the adjustable hardware, Drop Joel a Message on here or his email listed on his home page and he will get you the right amount. Its worth talking with him on the phone.

Laminate stocks are considered stronger and more stable than normal wood stocks. They have a nice feel, and what I mean about feel is the weight is throughout the stock. Many composite stocks just feel unstable (weight). the Laminate is heavier than composite, but feels more balanced. I also feel the wood stocks dampen the harmonics of the gun during firing.

For my dads gun, It was a piece of Burl/quilted maple my grandfather cut out of the woods 40 years ago. It was sitting in the attic for all my life with my dad saying he was going to make a stock out of it. He was never going to get to it, so I took it and a gun he had sitting in the gun safe without him knowing and built it for him. I gave it to him at deer camp two years ago. He was shocked! The wood is not perfect, but the imperfection fit his personality.

Willys46

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts