SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Thanks Ray, good info!

Thanks Rich!

My limited experience with the Kilo 2400 was not exactly what I wanted or expected to see performance wise. Trust me when I say that I shelled out almost $1600.0 dollars with shipping in hopes that this rangefinder was the equivalent of the Vectronics Terrapin.

I have read on this thread and others that the Kilo 2400's were the equivalent of the Terrapins and everything else was downhill from there.

I do NOT dispute advertised claims. I do however believe that not all rangefinders are created equal! My 2400's will be heading back to Cabelas this week. I will try another pair down the road.

Ray, aka..rangefinderless
P.S. Maybe the Russians hacked my rangefinders!

Thanks Rich!

My limited experience with the Kilo 2400 was not exactly what I wanted or expected to see performance wise. Trust me when I say that I shelled out almost $1600.0 dollars with shipping in hopes that this rangefinder was the equivalent of the Vectronics Terrapin.

I have read on this thread and others that the Kilo 2400's were the equivalent of the Terrapins and everything else was downhill from there.

I do NOT dispute advertised claims. I do however believe that not all rangefinders are created equal! My 2400's will be heading back to Cabelas this week. I will try another pair down the road.

Hmmmm! Well, maybe I will wait until spring before I buy something. Who knows; there could be more brands to follow soon.......Rich

Thanks Rich!

So, if I understand you correctly, you are returning your 2400 because it only satisfies 99% of your needs?

Thanks Rich!

I was somewhat surprised after reading your previously posted assessment that you will be returning the 2400, particularly since you stated that it would meet 99% of your hunting needs. Didn't realize your criteria was that the unit deliver Terrapin performance. Owning a Terrapin myself, and having used other Terrapins, when my 2400 arrives, I would be pleasantly surprised if it ranged as well(far) as the Terrapin but I'm not expecting it to. With all the claims and tests floating around claiming equivalency, I think a true picture of the 2400 will develop as "production" units are placed in the market and there is a season of broad use under a variety of conditions. While I'm very enthusiastic about the 2400, I won't sell my well proven G7 until I've put the 2400 through a full hunting season.

Big difference between hunting needs and shooting needs, even the longest range hunters I know would not exceed the 2400's capability while hunting but the other 10 months of the year they are shooting well beyond what 1600 yards. I personally need a rangefinder that will out range my Leica 1600, I can range trees out to 2000 yards with it.

Big difference between hunting needs and shooting needs, even the longest range hunters I know would not exceed the 2400's capability while hunting but the other 10 months of the year they are shooting well beyond what 1600 yards. I personally need a rangefinder that will out range my Leica 1600, I can range trees out to 2000 yards with it.

Excactly! Same for everyone's statement about not using the wind meter in the field and just dopeing wind with visuals.....yeah I got that bro! Been their done that for a very long time, however I train year around and I don't want to have my phone in the field with me to verify my wind calls when training. I want a ruggedized unit that is purpose built.

Wondering if someone can help me out?
In preparation of my receiving the 2400, I have been working with the Applied Ballistics Mobile App on my IPhone. I have been using Shooter for several years without a hitch.
I enter all the required info for the rifle and a load on AB and will get comparable results to Shooter after compensating for aerodynamic jump which is not included in Shooter. Within a day or so I input the identicle conditions and get erroneous results. Sometimes all "0"'s, other times lower drop values. If I then start from scratch again inputting the same information for my rifle and load, I will then get good information. The cycle then repeats a day or so later with the same erroneous results.
Two questions:
-Does anyone know what's going on?
-Will this happen with the Sig app when I sync up my 2400, using my IPhone(6)?

Thanks for any feedback.

You are correct. When I really stop and think about it from a hunting viewpoint, I have NEVER shot anything beyond the capability of this RF. I guess in my case at least, it is like comparing the scope on my rifle to one for viewing the solar system.....Rich

Yeah I think there is definitely 2 classes of people who use their RF. Guys who use them for hunting and guys who use them for LR shooting.

If the Kilo will range 1000 yards accurately and consistently then it's going to serve the needs of 99.9% of the hunters out there IMO.

Most LR guys will be happy if it will range a plate at 1500 yards or so.

Anything over that you need a purpose built LR RF like a Terrapin.

SHOT Show is local to Vegas and I've been there the last two days looking all the cool stuff.

High on my list was stopping by the Sig Sauer booth and try to speak to someone regarding the 2400. The booth was packed but not related to the 2400. In fact, I had to look around and ask just for find one on display.

There it was, sitting on the nondescript display shelf with all the other RFs, no signage and nothing drawing attention to this new release. I asked a few folks in the booth who I could talk to about it and no one seemed to know exactly who that would be.

Since I already own one it wasn't a big deal and frankly looking at their giant multi-million dollar booth and all the products there and people to look at them, I can see why the new RF that is of significant interest to use but just a small speck in their universe.

Wish I had more to report!

~Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.