SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

I agree. When we can get the SIG Kilo 2400 technology in a set of high quality binoculars. Who ever does this and does it right will make a fortune.

I'm waiting on this in a spotting scope, I think it would be better for LR/ELR. Then no need to attach doublers and such.

I was filming today out at the Vegas Precision Rifle Challenge but brought along my 2400 and passed it around a bit. Everyone commented how fast it was and the guys with 2000's commented that they had to pay more attention to aiming with the new smaller reticle aiming spot.

I was able to range everything on the course of fire handheld except the 1 mile 30x30 inch steel plate that was included in the competition. Even on a tripod neither the 2000, 2400 or G7 would range it despite it being freshly painted black, on a medium sand background and unobstructed. The light was fairly flat and overcast. I tried scan mode but that didn't help. A mile is a long way! (BTW, one of the competitors range that plate four out of four times in a row in about 45 seconds with a 12-17mph wind!)

Doc or anyone, is there a particular mode better suited to the one mile distance?

Thanks!

~Robert

Doc... Doesn't this also come with an accidental damage warranty too, similar to what Vortex offers?

Here's from the owner's manual verbatim:

"We will repair or replace you SIG SAUER product in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it."
(I made the last sentence bold)

SIG SAUER Infinite Guarantee

• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
  • Fully Transferable
  • No Warranty Card Required
  • No Receipt Required
  • No Time Limit Applies
  • No Charge
~Robert

This may have been covered already but does the 2400 have zero offset?
How about scope calibration?
Does kilo read true moa?
Is so, where do I find info?
Got my 2400 yesterday and trying to get everything up and running.

Thanks,
Ray

Yes it does have Zero Offset.
No, it does not have Sight Scale Factor, instead you have MV & DSF Calibration (Just like in the Kestrel)
Yes it reads in True Moa

RobStar: In regards to not being able to get a reading at 1 mile on a freshly painted black steel. I have had this problem many times, using many different brands of RF when trying to range black cows or moose. For some reason - black just does not let the RF bounce back a reading. The next time you are at your range try to hit just below or beside the target and I'll bet you a beer you'll get a reading.

Does anyone have any concerns about no wind metering without a phone?

I don't see myself using the included wind meter much, and would have preferred it as an option. I am constantly checking wind while hunting/shooting. Having the meter burdened by the phone seems cumbersome. Maybe I'll change this opinion when I receive the unit and try it out.

Does anyone have any concerns about no wind metering without a phone?

Yes I do have this concern as well. However, not sure if it is really something to worry about?

The aerodynamic jump feature would not be correct until you get lucky and direction of wind is exactly what you programmed in as your default in the Kilo. I do not think this is a real issue even out to 1,000 yards but after that it could factor in.

I will never be without my Kestrel 5700 Elite (need to justify keeping Kestrel). If I understand the mobile app, I can get a accurate wind reading and plug it into app and sync it to the Kilo and have actual conditions.

Then again, time permitting just use supplied wind meter and call it done!

I read in the manual that Kestrels will not Bluetooth with Kilo at this time. I wonder if they are considering adding this to the Kilo 2400 in future revisions?

Overall I am really liking this unit. Hell what's not to like? I still need to range at distance and that will be the true test for me. Hopefully this afternoon I can find some elk in the foothills.

Ray

I bet they will now!!.......Rich
I sure hope so. It would be so nice to carry just one item in the form of binoculars around my neck and with all the binocular carrying straps and packs that are available now it's so easy to carry a good size pair of optics and have easy access to them. I know they won't be cheap but well worth it. Just my 2 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.