Sig Kilo 2400 ABS- Issues

magedon44

I recently purchased a used Kilo2400 on here and found it very difficult to get readings on trees and buildings much past 1000 yards. Ive been using it on a tripod and tested it in both sunny and cloudy conditions. I've messed with Best and Last setting and "last " seems to be working a little better.

I'm hearing and reading about guys free handing the unit on trees, cliffs, deer, buildings way out to 2000+ and I've struggled to get a reading on a building much over 1200 steady on a tripod.

Anyways, I called Sig and they are going to take a look at the unit. I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues and/or if there warranty department fixed the issues?

I had the same issues when I first got mine but on a recommendation from someone else I changed the battery. The battery that was in it was registering full but I figured I'd give it a go. I did not use the spare battery that came in the package as I did not know how old it was. I put the newly bought battery in and it was able to range out to a mile no problem. Now I just make sure I change the battery every year and before any big hunts and always take a new spare. Just something to think about before going to the effort of sending it back.

I had the same issues when I first got mine but on a recommendation from someone else I changed the battery. The battery that was in it was registering full but I figured I'd give it a go. I did not use the spare battery that came in the package as I did not know how old it was. I put the newly bought battery in and it was able to range out to a mile no problem. Now I just make sure I change the battery every year and before any big hunts and always take a new spare. Just something to think about before going to the effort of sending it back.
Thank you, This was the first thing I did when I got it and still no luck.

did you "pin-point" where the laser aims vs where the cross hairs are? mine is slightly left and low of center
I tried this and tested it on a tripod ranging multiple objects. I can literally range with 3/4 of the circle and no range appears until the lower right circle touches the object.

I tried this and tested it on a tripod ranging multiple objects. I can literally range with 3/4 of the circle and no range appears until the lower right circle touches the object.
So your poi is off from your poa, very common, mine is low left. Does it range ok if you use the low right poa?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.