Should we start to boycot these high prices?

I'm a procurement manager for 2 very large companies. I'm paying 40-60% more for the same equipment over 2020-2021 prices.
I get that but are different company's that sell said equipment have 15-20% different price for exact same equipment?

Sherm, Im surprised you found anything.My 338NM,'s eat Retumbo.Been looking local and missing out on it on here for last year,dont remember last time I saw primers local. Im a builder wasn't long ago 1/2 '' was $12,now $60.No slow down in building here prices to build outrageous. If I could find Id buy
P.m. sent

Guess I dont understand unless your talking about just the willingness to pay the gouging prices.
I am not talking about gouging. I am simply talking about the dollars associated with every process of running a business. No business can survive and sustain itself in a competitive industry by remaining the status quo. @BrentM post is an excellent example.

Boycott lumber and housing too. I bought my house a week before 15 days to slow the spread. If I had waiting six months I would be hosed and stuck because $300k - 400k neighborhood when I bought is now $500k - 800k. Yeah it looks good on my balance sheet but others trying to step into the housing market are getting hammered or are just stuck.

Boycott eggs, apples, bacon, bread too. Those have seen near 100% inflation too.
I'm buying a horse. Then I can boycott gas/diesel and the lawn mower.

I wish there were more local clubs, ranges, and forums that promoted reloading component trading. I know I have some stuff I am willing to trade at yesterday's market prices as long as it is reciprocated.

BG said it well.

Ultimately it's your money but you have to pay to play.

Learn from this and stock up when prices are good. And yes they will be good again. It's cyclical like any other commodity.
I'm still waiting for the prices to be ."good" again from the Obama election panic in 2008. That was the first time I saw powder over $20 a pound. Remember when that was expensive?

I am not talking about gouging. I am simply talking about the dollars associated with every process of running a business. No business can survive and sustain itself in a competitive industry by remaining the status quo. @BrentM post is an excellent example.
My local LGS isn't the status quo, why should I not believe him what he tells me and believe some of these online retailers lets compare apples to apples and ask why company's can price something for 15-20% more than there competitor for the exact same product. Its on the same container gets shipped to them and in all likelihood comes from the same distributor.

Is Brent's s exact same equipment priced 15-20% different from one to the next he can purchase from I think not or he will go to the lowest price.
That is my exact point.

My local LGS isn't the status quo, why should I not believe him what he tells me and believe some of these online retailers lets compare apples to apples and ask why company's can price something for 15-20% more than there competitor for the exact same product. Its on the same container gets shipped to them and in all likelihood comes from the same distributor.
As I said, Activity-Based Costing does not lie.

This occurs when we as a nation "Attempt to make flipping hamburgers a livable wage." The guy whom owns the restaurant should be the guy flipp'en. You want to boycott something. These economic conditions are here for the duration. The pendulum is on the other side it will begin slowly to come back to center, but center will be higher. Really we pay $8.00 / gallon for water currently that seems to not to be an issue for people. Yes as stated before boycotts have risks.

It's amazing to see the number of Americans who do not understand economics and think every business is out to rip them off. Our govt alone is causing inflation on Americans, Our govt is causing fuel supply shortages, supply chain log jams and more. Our govt is blaming private industry for it while they skate telling us they're doing everything they possibly can to fix it? 😂 They're not. They're accelerating it. Wake up folks. Our own govt is the enemy that's creating the hardships now and it is only gonna get worse. Be ready.

The World Economy Forum (WEF)

ICYMI: Dr. Matt Briggs comments: You'll Take The Great Reset—And Like It - Way back in pre-doom days, in 2016, the World Economic Forum (WEF) put out a video explaining how by 2030 you, dear reader, will no longer own anything. And "you'll be happy" about this.

"You will own nothing and you will be happy about it" - World Economic Forum; 2030

This isn't just being done to America BTW, every country is being attacked in the world.