Should I keep the Factory Sendero stock or get a Grayboe terrain

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by SofaKing, Dec 9, 2017.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Right now I’m having some modifications done on my Sendero. It’s getting a new trigger and new barrel. So I’m wondering how these Grayboe stocks stack up to the factory HS Precision Sendero stock. I like the idea of more slender forend on the stock . We’re sorta doing a Gunwerks style build if you catch my drift. .

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

The HS is a very solid and reliable stock and they perform very well.

For LR shooting, particularly off of the bench or in the field the wide forearm helps provide a lot of stability that you won't get with a narrower forearm. They are not however intended for offhand shooting for which most people like a narrower forearm.

If you want another stock get it but think about the intended application for your rifle or you may end up just blowing a lot of money and not being happy with the results in the end.

300whisper, AGL4now and FEENIX like this.
  3. L.Sherm

L.Sherm Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

The greyboe is a very good stock, fit and finish is good. If I remember correct they weigh about 3lbs.

4. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt Well-Known Member

Sorry off topic but... I have been looking at a sendero in .264 Win Mag and “think” I want one. I have looked at Nosler and Montana Rifle Company as well. I know the Sendero may not be as high of quality but it is almost half price. So in theory I would have some to spend on it.
    What is your opinion on the Remington?
    Why are you changing the barrel?
    Thanks

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

You'll get more response if you post your query separately and respect the OP and his thread. Also, if you do a search using the tab on top next to the classified, you might find the answers you're looking for.

Cheers!

IndianaMatt likes this.
  6. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt Well-Known Member

Thank you sorry I’m new haha

FEENIX likes this.
  7. WildRose

I've had 4 Sendero's and 3 of them were great shooters out of the box that just got better with a little tinkering.

The third was fine but I switched barrels just to have something lighter to carry in a .300 rum.

The Gen 2 I think is an improvement over the Senderos but they come in a very limited selection of calibers. I have one in .260 Rem that is a real nail driver with pretty much everything I've fed it so far.

IndianaMatt likes this.
  8. Snyper708

Snyper708 Well-Known Member

You can spend a lot more money for other rifles, but odds are good they won't be any more accurate than most Senderos.

Some may be prettier but I've seen very few Senderos that weren't sub-MOA.

IndianaMatt likes this.
  9. Garycrow

Garycrow Well-Known Member

I just bought a Grayboe terrain, long action remington, sendero barrel inlet with BDL bottom metal inlet. Out of the box with recoil pad, sling studs, ready to mount it weighed 43 ozs (2 lb, 11 oz) on my scale.

10. MGN

MGN New Member

When it comes to selecting a stock I recommend finding someone in the area that will let you shoot what you are looking at this way you know it works for you ergonomically. I have been lucky to live in an area where there are many shooters and I was allowed the opportunity to play with a lot of stock and chassis options to see what I liked and fit me best. I found the McMillan A5 worked for me, I can get behind it every time and be on target, other stocks I squirmed around trying to find my eye relief and get on target no matter how much I tried to adjust it.

11. WildRose

One thing I love about McMillan is that they will ship you a sample to try for the cost of shipping if you ask nicely.

Grayboe might do the same if one were to ask.