Rebarreling a Rem 700 Sendero

A/1-61

I have a Remington model 700 7mm STW Sendero that is about 28 years old plus or minus. I put nearly a thousand rounds, maybe more though I may have in my younger days heated the barrel up excessively at the range. It does not perform as it used to. Originally I could get a 1/8 inch MOA and lately I am lucky to get a 2 MOA. My question is," can I rebarrel my fluted bull barrel and replace it with a pencil barrel. My consideration for this is weight and accuracy of the first shot. I'm not interested in long strings anymore. My first choice would be a Hart barrel as I am not that far away from their facility in Western New York. Of course, if this is possible, I would replace the stock with a carbon fiber stock. My 76-year-old body just doesn't perform well carrying 12 lb of rifle around anymore. Or, should I start from scratch and build a rifle? Cost is everything. I know that there is a large amount of knowledgeable information on this forum and would appreciate any opinions on my question.

Cheapest would take it to a reputable smith and see if the erosion is short enough it can be cut and re-chambered.
Have a pre-chambered barrel put on it, and yes you can choose the taper you want.
Brand of barrel is your choice.
You can lighten it with an expensive stock or just use the original. That stock is a great stock and holds some fast cash value. Taking the massive barrel off will shave incredible weight. Look at barrel charts, and you can figure the savings before you buy.
I have a few customs, and overall they have nothing on factory rifles for me. I swore years ago never ever again waste the money. Then oldest son wanted matching rifles in a non-normal chambering. We could have purchased 4 high quality factory rifles for the same price and performance.
The good thing is you get to choose what you want to do.

Cheapest would take it to a reputable smith and see if the erosion is short enough it can be cut and re-chambered.
Have a pre-chambered barrel put on it, and yes you can choose the taper you want.
You can lighten it with an expensive stock or just use the original. That stock is a great stock and holds some fast cash value. Taking the massive barrel off will shave incredible weight. Look at barrel charts, and you can figure the savings before you buy.
I have a few customs, and overall they have nothing on factory rifles for me. I swore years ago never ever again waste the money. Then oldest son wanted matching rifles in a non-normal chambering. We could have purchased 4 high quality factory rifles for the same price and performance.
Yes, first order of business is to take it to a gunsmith and get an opinion.

And yes, I would probably sell the original stock because would not fit a tapered barrel

I have a Remington model 700 7mm STW Sendero that is about 28 years old plus or minus. I put nearly a thousand rounds, maybe more though I may have in my younger days heated the barrel up excessively at the range. It does not perform as it used to. Originally I could get a 1/8 inch MOA and lately I am lucky to get a 2 MOA. My question is," can I rebarrel my fluted bull barrel and replace it with a pencil barrel. My consideration for this is weight and accuracy of the first shot. I'm not interested in long strings anymore. My first choice would be a Hart barrel as I am not that far away from their facility in Western New York. Of course, if this is possible, I would replace the stock with a carbon fiber stock. My 76-year-old body just doesn't perform well carrying 12 lb of rifle around anymore. Or, should I start from scratch and build a rifle? Cost is everything. I know that there is a large amount of knowledgeable information on this forum and would appreciate any opinions on my question.
I would not pick a pencil barrel, I would go with something in between a bull and a pencil

Take your bbl off, it's toast , Hart bbls are Very good , try a ss/# 3 or 4 , they might flutt their bbls I don't know , keep your action ,and install it in a synthetic stock or BDL wooden stock , the choices are yours ,we just give examples. Are you going to keep it STW ,got 2 had 3 , are you in the mood for a beltless case , or you could go fast twist 1-8 in 7STW or 7 rem/magnum ,really the sky's the limit ,BUT it's your choose . Think about a custom. Trigger , trigger tech are wonderful. I've got a Remington varmit stock in a hvy 308 , I'm going on 67 yrs young and it's 10.5 lbs with out scope . Heavier than you Sendero by a couple of lbs . You could sell everything and buy a Custom action ,with almost any new style synthetic stock . Keep us in the loop ,cheers 🤔🥳

Take your bbl off, it's toast , Hart bbls are Very good , try a ss/# 3 or 4 , they might flutt their bbls I don't know , keep your action ,and install it in a synthetic stock or BDL wooden stock , the choices are yours ,we just give examples. Are you going to keep it STW ,got 2 had 3 , are you in the mood for a beltless case , or you could go fast twist 1-8 in 7STW or 7 rem/magnum ,really the sky's the limit ,BUT it's your choose . Think about a custom. Trigger , trigger tech are wonderful. I've got a Remington varmit stock in a hvy 308 , I'm going on 67 yrs young and it's 10.5 lbs with out scope . Heavier than you Sendero by a couple of lbs . You could sell everything and buy a Custom action ,with almost any new style synthetic stock . Keep us in the loop ,cheers 🤔🥳
It has a Jewel trigger already.

Maybe you want to do it a bit at a time, but if you are going to do a rebarrel (can't imagine it would be much less than $800) and a new carbon stock (can't imagine it would be much less than $800) maybe you would be better off retiring the sendero and looking at another rifle. The Seekins Havak PH2 in 7 PRC doesn't have quite the engine the STW does, but it is close to the same money as a build on the 700 and right at 7 pounds.

If you are dead set on building in STW because you are set up to reload and the sendero will just be a donor for the action then maybe look at a Mack Brothers or ARC action.

For one less expensive option you could just go with a remage. I know you wanted a hart but from less cost point that would be cheaper. I seriously thinking I'm going to go that route on the next few just because I'm impatient and cheap both