Remington 700 possibly a SENDERO?

bigBolin51

winchester, Tennessee. very small rural town.
I recently purchased a Remington 700. I'm unsure which model it is tho and was hoping for some help. It is a 300 win mag, 26 heavy barrel, blued/blued, jeweled bolt, and has the J-lock, and has a gray/black stock that looks like an HS Precision. It looks like an older sendero maybe, but at the price I paid don't really want to get my hopes up. It doesn't have SENDERO stamped anywhere on it. Any body have any idea what model it is?

They aren't blued or have jeweled bolts.

It won't be stamped Sendero...post some pics.
I don't know about the blued or not. Mine are not stamped with Sendero....just the cartridge (barrel) and normal 700 stuff on receiver. I only have two and they are both stainless 7STW, 300WM from the 90's. Having the lawyer lock means it's not that old.....in my old world anyway.

I don't know about the blued or not. Mine are not stamped with Sendero....just the cartridge (barrel) and normal 700 stuff on receiver. I only have two and they are both stainless 7STW, 300WM from the 90's. Having the lawyer lock means it's not that old.....in my old world anyway.

I meant the Police version isn't blued. They are parkerized.

The older sendero's are blued and have jeweled bolts.

Sounds like you found a first gen sendero, replace the trigger touch up the bedding and your set.
I'm gonna try to post pics here in a bit. I snagged it for 500 bucks with a custom rifle case. I thought it was a rem 700 long range until I seen the jeweled bolt. I don't think the guy realized what he had

Sounds like an early Sendero first generation.
I had a first gen Sendero in 300WM, a VSF in 22-250 and an early VSF Laminate in 220 Swift…..stupidly, I sold them all to the same guy for a bomb.
The 22-250 was an absolute tack driver and the 220 Swift wasn't far behind.

Cheers.

The price is the give away, if 600.00 it is most likely a Long Range and 900 to 1000 it is then most likely a sendero. My guess is a Long Range with the blued barrel. Still a fine rifle.

Recent Posts