Should I bother rebedding this?

Looks like the tang is bedded too.If it shoots well,leave it alone.Often bedding just the lug is all that's needed.My other advice is buy another rifle or two,or three or four,or....................Don't be stuck on one rifle.If something goes wrong you always have backups.I have multiple 308 Win's,30-06's,7mags and 300 Win Mags and a few other singles in other cartridges.They all get to go to the range,the hard choice is who gets to go hunting with me.
Yep, I have the same problem, decisions decisions!!! BUT, a good problem to have!

Oh this definitely isn't my only rifle, just my only new to me gun that's not finished being played with. I guess I do have an a-bolt that might need some work, bedding and loads, I could probably get a ladder for this rifle loaded up. There's definitely no bedding material under the tang. It certainly makes it tough when it comes to hunting season picking the rifle that gets to go.

I'm hoping that's the case but after taking it to the range and not being too fond of the trigger pull weight I'm not yet convinced. It was set around 3.5lbs which is a pretty standard weight for a hunting rifle but I like a lighter break. So I fooled with that and couldn't get it reliably, or properly, below 2.5lbs, I was shooting for 2lbs. When I got it to 2.5lbs the lock nut actually ended up pulling the set screw out when it was tightened, the only way I could get the lock nut actually locked was if the set screw was far enough in to make it around 3.5lbs. So, hopefully I don't come across any other problems. Hopefully a too thorough load development isn't needed to make it shoot. Seemed to do okay with a mild load for fire forming, around 1
After having some problems with my timney Calvin elite I bought a trigger tech diamond and I will never go back to timney again

After having some problems with my timney Calvin elite I bought a trigger tech diamond and I will never go back to timney again
Hmm that's interesting for sure. I have a few timney products and haven't had much of an issue before now but it sounds like they're going to take care of it. Unfortunately for me I have no rifles that would take a Trigger Tech, I'm working on that as I'm wanting to start a custom rifle very soon. A couple buddies have the Christensen Mesas with Trigger Techs(not Diamonds) and I'm not overly impressed with them.

Last edited: