should i bed the barrel.

BartB definately has credebility. I just read something about a Krieger ad showing a a sub 4" 20 shot string at 800. I understand the reasoning behind your arguments and would without a doubt go with BartB's suggestion save the fact that I will never shoot a 10 shot string with a 300 ultra, let alone 20. Owwwww.....that hurts. Mostly the throat of the rifle. Without the temperature change of the rifle being as much of a factor, most shots will be cold and clean, I will try bedding the chamber. If weather conditions affect my close range zero or accuracy, I can always undo what was done. Great input from outstanding members of the firearms community. Thanks guys.

One more thing I forgot to mension.....

If you bed under the barrel's chamber and later want to rebarrel the action, you'll have to rebed the complete barreled action with the new barrel.

If you don't bed under the barrel, swap barrels to your heart's content. The receiver doesn't need to be rebedded with a different barrel in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.