Should I Bed the Scope Rail??

TucsonFX4

I have a Seekins Havak PH2, and was curious if I should bed the scope rail? It is a separate rail, unlike the Havak Element, so there is the possibility it could benefit. But maybe since it is all part of the same manufacturer/build, it isn't necessary.

Thoughts?

@Grizzman47 I haven't pulled the rail to check, but I'll probably do that at least check it and possibly bed it.

@David_h I tend to prefer rails as it allows scope flexibility and my rings aren't locked into being useful for only one action. That is a worthwhile consideration though.

@Bob Wright I never thought about shimming under the rail for some extra moa lift. I'll have to try to remember that trick if I find myself a bit short of elevation adjustment needed.

I have a Seekins Havak PH2, and was curious if I should bed the scope rail? It is a separate rail, unlike the Havak Element, so there is the possibility it could benefit. But maybe since it is all part of the same manufacturer/build, it isn't necessary.

Thoughts?
Unless the rail is integrated, I bed all mine. On the last few ones, I only used a release agent on the screws.