Should I bother rebedding this?

Did you call Nosler about the bedding job and trigger prior to messing with the rifle?
Why would I bother? It was a consignment rack rifle that's no longer in production. I didn't mess with anything besides trying to adjust the trigger. I had taken it apart as soon as I got it and noticed a bed job that I wouldn't expect from what they call a semi-custom rifle. I threw it back together torquing the bolts, and went and shot it. That's when I decided the trigger needed to be adjusted before I could actually tell what sort of accuracy it had. Trigger wouldn't adjust the way I thought it should. So I asked Timney which trigger to get so I could get to where I wanted(since they don't have a Nosler trigger listed but this obviously says 'Timney' on it), that's when they said it should be able to do what I want, so they sent an RMA form. In my mind I have no reason to call Nosler, or any grounds to do so either, really no reason either. If it is a half-a$$ed factory bed job that could be cleaned up I'd save more time, money, and effort doing it myself than sending it in.

Why would I bother? It was a consignment rack rifle that's no longer in production. I didn't mess with anything besides trying to adjust the trigger. I had taken it apart as soon as I got it and noticed a bed job that I wouldn't expect from what they call a semi-custom rifle. I threw it back together torquing the bolts, and went and shot it. That's when I decided the trigger needed to be adjusted before I could actually tell what sort of accuracy it had. Trigger wouldn't adjust the way I thought it should. So I asked Timney which trigger to get so I could get to where I wanted(since they don't have a Nosler trigger listed but this obviously says 'Timney' on it), that's when they said it should be able to do what I want, so they sent an RMA form. In my mind I have no reason to call Nosler, or any grounds to do so either, really no reason either. If it is a half-a$$ed factory bed job that could be cleaned up I'd save more time, money, and effort doing it myself than sending it in.
Because you void the warranty by messing with it. That's common knowledge. So since it was on the consignment rack it's not know if that bedding job was original or not correct?

The trigger was Timney from the Nosler factory. Generally speaking if you mess with it it voids manufacturer's warranty. All this is common knowledge. This whole thread is meat mouthing a product. Now we don't know if this came from the factory this way or not. That's my point.

Your rifle looks like a Liberty model. As far as I know the owner's manual says the rifle is set at 3.5lbs and strongly advised not to lower the pull. Timney probably provided them a 3.5lb trigger rather than a 1.5lb trigger. As far as the bedding even though it's a discontinued model they might redo the bedding if you called. Suggested price on that rifle was around $1700. Not a 3k rifle.

Even if it isn't pretty does not indicate that it will not do a great job! Once you install the action nobody will see it, only you will know! It may be pretty and do a lousy job! Kinda like dating, right?

The trigger was Timney from the Nosler factory. Generally speaking if you mess with it it voids manufacturer's warranty. All this is common knowledge. This whole thread is meat mouthing a product. Now we don't know if this came from the factory this way or not. That's my point.
You're suggesting that adjusting an adjustable trigger can void a warranty? I'm all for not messing with guns if you have no knowledge. The users manual also probably suggests something about shooting factory ammo in it too, suggesting reloads could be dangerous and void a warranty. You can't tell me all of these things are followed. I'm not worried about a warranty, it's a used gun.

For a fact, no I don't know if this is the original bedding job, though it does looks like it probably is, it's done pretty well, my only concern was that it's only the lug. I wasn't attempting to bad mouth anything, for one thing it's my gun, I like it, I was just asking for a consensus or advice on what others thought about bedding the entire action.

I don't agree with a lot of the things you said in these three replies. I know that I may have broken the trigger and I was fine with that, that's why I was trying to buy a new one, Timney are the ones that said it should go down to 1.5lbs, I think they'd know their trigger better than Nosler.

I get that they might redo the bedding but it's easier for me to go buy a whole package of bedding compound and do it myself at home like I've done more than a few times. Sure Nosler could do it but, I'm not spending the money on shipping and back and forth to a UPS (50-70 miles away for me) to send the rifle out when I could do it myself, it's crazy to me to have them do that work. New barrel, messed up action, sure I'd ask them.

Even if it isn't pretty does not indicate that it will not do a great job! Once you install the action nobody will see it, only you will know! It may be pretty and do a lousy job! Kinda like dating, right?
Oh for sure, you should see the inside of my 28 Nosler, looks like absolute dog crap but the bedding job is done and it works well. There was just so much space for things to go in that gun, it wasn't an easy one.

You're suggesting that adjusting an adjustable trigger can void a warranty? I'm all for not messing with guns if you have no knowledge. The users manual also probably suggests something about shooting factory ammo in it too, suggesting reloads could be dangerous and void a warranty. You can't tell me all of these things are followed. I'm not worried about a warranty, it's a used gun.

For a fact, no I don't know if this is the original bedding job, though it does looks like it probably is, it's done pretty well, my only concern was that it's only the lug. I wasn't attempting to bad mouth anything, for one thing it's my gun, I like it, I was just asking for a consensus or advice on what others thought about bedding the entire action.

I don't agree with a lot of the things you said in these three replies. I know that I may have broken the trigger and I was fine with that, that's why I was trying to buy a new one, Timney are the ones that said it should go down to 1.5lbs, I think they'd know their trigger better than Nosler.

I get that they might redo the bedding but it's easier for me to go buy a whole package of bedding compound and do it myself at home like I've done more than a few times. Sure Nosler could do it but, I'm not spending the money on shipping and back and forth to a UPS (50-70 miles away for me) to send the rifle out when I could do it myself, it's crazy to me to have them do that work. New barrel, messed up action, sure I'd ask them.
Nosler smiths have to install and adjust the triggers. So while Timney might know more, Nosler also knows what the triggers will do. Since you admit you might have broken the trigger Nosler would have been the first people to call. Calling Timney is fine too. But in any case it's a consignment gun so unless you knew the owner/ owners the number of rounds through that barrel is an unknown. Sounds like you're already made up your mind on bedding. I would of fired the rifle when I first got it. That would of gave me a baseline to start with. Different strokes for different folks. Have fun.

(did not read all the comments before me)
IF it shoots as well as you can, then why bother. Does the quest for accuracy outweigh the risk of ruining it?

That said, I see a fair number of rub spots.

It really comes down to whether you're OCD enough, or you think it will benefit the accuracy.

I get this quite often. A guy comes to my shop with a bedding job that looks ugly.
He asks me if it is adequate, I then ask how it shoots. 8/10 times they will say it shoots well, under MoA and ask if I did a better bedding job would the accuracy improve?
Sometimes it will, depending on the action in question and HOW it is bedded. Sometimes it will stay the same.
Pillars are the most stable bedding you can do, even if it is ugly.
As long as there is 100% contact with the action, it's function will not change.
Anyway, I have re-done the bedding on rifles like Winchester Model 70 Super Grades and had the rifle shoot better by installing my own pillars, but this is not the norm.

Cheers.

I get this quite often. A guy comes to my shop with a bedding job that looks ugly.
He asks me if it is adequate, I then ask how it shoots. 8/10 times they will say it shoots well, under MoA and ask if I did a better bedding job would the accuracy improve?
Sometimes it will, depending on the action in question and HOW it is bedded. Sometimes it will stay the same.
Pillars are the most stable bedding you can do, even if it is ugly.
As long as there is 100% contact with the action, it's function will not change.
Anyway, I have re-done the bedding on rifles like Winchester Model 70 Super Grades and had the rifle shoot better by installing my own pillars, but this is not the norm.

Cheers.
This has one of those aluminum bedding blocks. Those essentially act as pillars, correct? Or am I off base on this assumption? I was just thinking more contact area between the stock and the action might help some. I was just curios if this might come into play. Seems like most guys are saying it may be indifferent to bed the whole action or not. I guess my main concerns were with the flat sides of the action and the "channel" it appears to fit into as well as that tang area. It just looks like to me, even with the bedding block, that it has some wiggle room. The trigger is in the mail so shooting and testing it for accuracy is out of the question for now. I'll have to see what happens when it gets back. If I was confident in my ability to shoot well with a 3.5 pound trigger I would've already gotten somewhere with it. We'll wait and see, hopefully Timney comes through for me.

With bedding blocks, doing a skim bed by first drilling some 1/8" holes at angles will help. Have seen many bedding block rifles that actually make little contact with the action. Do the tang as well.
I always bed the recoil lug on my own rifles even if they have a bedding block…only clearance that is necessary is under the recoil lug.

Cheers.