Should I bother rebedding this?

So this is a Nosler M48, looking at the bedding job, the recoil lug is sufficiently bedded. I'm curious on the thoughts of the bedding job here, should I bed the rest of the action or is it probably good? The rifle seems to shoot well enough, even though I've only put maybe 20 rounds through it since I got it. I'm sending the trigger into Timney since it's not seeming to want to go as low as I'd like it to, maybe 2.5lbs, so it's out of service for the moment. I don't have any other guns to work on at the moment and I'm kinda bored and this is a cheap easy job I could do. View attachment 315299View attachment 315300
If you are bored and like to tinker on guns like I do then go ahead and bed the entire action. But just remember....if it shoots great there's a chance you might make it worse. Something to consider. If it were me, I like to work on guns, I'd go ahead and bed the entire action....unless I had another gun project to keep me busy for awhile.

If you are bored and like to tinker on guns like I do then go ahead and bed the entire action. But just remember....if it shoots great there's a chance you might make it worse. Something to consider. If it were me, I like to work on guns, I'd go ahead and bed the entire action....unless I had another gun project to keep me busy for awhile.
Haha, that's exactly where I'm at. Especially with the trigger already out and it being out of commission for a while. That's sort of what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I should bother with it. I guess I'll probably wait until the trigger gets back and I try to work a load up for it to decide if I want to bed it our not.

Makes me chuckle....the second most accurate rifle I have ever had was my first bedding job in mid 90's. Slapped some acra glass in the cheapest savage 112/22-250 totally stock around the lug, barrel nut and back to the front of the magazine opening. Not a dang thing else and she shoots in the 1's with 55gr BT's and IMR4064. I had all kinds of guys telling me it wouldn't work and I had screwed it up when I showed up at the next shoot....got pretty dang quiet after the first round. LOL if it works brag about how little it has and show everyone up with their "super perfect must do this" rifles.
You never know. The proof is in the pudding. Shooter's asking opinions and shoote'rs giving opinions.

Yeah, I'll probably wait until I get that trigger back to see how it actually shoots and see what I might need to do. There has to be a reason it was on consignment.
Some folks sell good guns to help pay for their next upgraded gun....not everyone can afford to step up or even just buy another gun.....( personally...I can't understand it though..🤣)

So this is a Nosler M48, looking at the bedding job, the recoil lug is sufficiently bedded. I'm curious on the thoughts of the bedding job here, should I bed the rest of the action or is it probably good? The rifle seems to shoot well enough, even though I've only put maybe 20 rounds through it since I got it. I'm sending the trigger into Timney since it's not seeming to want to go as low as I'd like it to, maybe 2.5lbs, so it's out of service for the moment. I don't have any other guns to work on at the moment and I'm kinda bored and this is a cheap easy job I could do. View attachment 315299View attachment 315300
I was curious. That a 26 or 28.

I think it depends on what you expect out of the rifle. To get the most and best out of the rifle I would say bedding is in order. If good enough suits you then no bed. It has been my experience that a full action bedding has given the best results.

I think it depends on what you expect out of the rifle. To get the most and best out of the rifle I would say bedding is in order. If good enough suits you then no bed. It has been my experience that a full action bedding has given the best results.
It has been my experience in bedding hundreds of rifles, that bedding unsupported parts of the action is a waste of time and materials.

Do you think those Nosler guys don't know what they are doing, and just did a "good enough" bedding on this rifle? I don't think so. The OP says it shoots well, and why do you think that is so? It is because it was done right.