Short Range Deer

buzz4me2

Went to Oregon for the opener of the muzzle loader Blacktail hunt. We spotted this deer the day before the opener and was able to get to within 50 yards just as we lost light. Should score in the 130" range. Not long range by any means but my biggest deer to date and first with a muzzle loader.

033.jpg

That's quite the rack for a blacktail! Congrats! gun)

Long range shooting is fun but it just doesn't compare with the adrenaline rush of a close up stalking kill.

Nice buck, like the eye guards. You a resident or non-res. and how many points did it take to draw? I am a non-res w/ 7 points and play (think) i should be able to draw next year. Also, did you measure the ear to ear spread on that buck?

Thanks
Bill

Hey Bill,
I'm a non resident and had a LOP tag. From what I here you should be able to draw. I know a couple of guides who could help you out if you are interested. You want to make sure you hunt as late in the season as possible. The Applegate hunt is so good because of the snow and the rut. Feel free to give me a call if you want more info

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.