264 caliber short range bullet for deer

Jinx-)

Looking for something to use in the woods where line of sight limited to 100 yards or less, something that will cut through the brush without changing POI. I have 120 gr SPH loaded now, so is there some other projectiles I should consider?

Looking for something to use in the woods where line of sight limited to 100 yards or less, something that will cut through the brush without changing POI. I have 120 gr SPH loaded now, so is there some other projectiles I should consider?
There is no magic bullet that will meet your criteria. Probably the best would be the Nosler partition but any bullet in that weight class is going to show significant deviation in flight when it hits even a 1/4" branch. The partition will however retain enough mass to drive through and still kill anything within about 10yds effectively as long as you aren't slowing it down too much. Another would be the Hornady interlock 140gr RN.

What you really need is somethin along the lines of the 30-06 w/220gr, .338 Marlin Express or a 45/70 Gov't.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.