Shooting sticks, long legged bipod - what are you using as support for you elbow

K9TXS

I went to the range today and shot off my homemade shooting sticks as well as a Swagger QD42. I shot fair with them at a 100 yards and would have dropped what I was shooting at unless it was a ground squirrel.

I shoot from a 3 legged, 17" stool since I can no longer shoot prone or from my butt on the ground (knee replacement issues). I have no issues with making the sticks or QD the height I need, but I need something to support my chicken wing for a little added support. While at the range, I didn't have anything with me, pillow, bag etc, so I rolled up my rubber boots and put them on my thigh and my elbow on the boots. This actually worked pretty well, but I would rather having something a little better in the field.

I know some competition shooters using are using a pump pillows and I may try that. But before I invest in that which is $100+, I'm going to try out an old range bag that is 9"x9"x12". I'll go to JoAnn Fabrics and see what kind of filling they have.

So, I'm curious what kind of support some of all are using, especially the old shooter such as me.

Sling. Wrap down, around through. Forearm will be wrapped. Back of sling supports elbow.

I might have found my solution. I had an old range bag that I no longer used. Cut all the outside pockets off and now I have a bag that's 9"x9"x12". Academy had a pillow that was slightly larger than the bag. The pillow fits snuggly in the bag.

I've been trying it out inside the house and there's a big difference in how steady I am now. Will head to the range first part of next week to continue testing.

IMG_0196.jpg