What sling are you using for your coyote rifle

K9TXS

My rifle weighs in at 10.5 lbs. I plan on walking in to an area a good distance from where I parking the truck. Looking for a good sling that will not slide off the shoulder.

Any ideas?

I have a Vorn Deer pack with the rifle scabbard system and for distance walking it's awesome, I know you were asking about slings but for non meat packing hunting it would be tough to beat.

Attachments

• IMG_3844.png
    IMG_3844.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 109
Vero Vellini, they're made in Germany but, Midway has them, list for about $89 but, think they sell for $55 bucks. Neoprene/Nylon with a bit of leather for style. Stays on ur shoulder, the neoprene section is a perfect shock absorber, without having to keep a hand on it. Winchester model 70 scoped 375 H&H, heavy rig no troubles.

Last edited:
I like those claw slings.

For the long hikes though where I'm confident I won't be bumping in to anything, I've taken to packing the rifle in the pack scabbard.

5, 6, 8 mile walks back to the truck after the actions over are so much nicer without the rifle on your shoulder.

I like those claw slings.

For the long hikes though where I'm confident I won't be bumping in to anything, I've taken to packing the rifle in the pack scabbard.

5, 6, 8 mile walks back to the truck after the actions over are so much nicer without the rifle on your shoulder.
What pack do you use? I'm looking for one I can use horseback or on foot.

What pack do you use? I'm looking for one I can use horseback or on foot.

I'm using an Eberlestock gun runner. I hate Eberlestock packs but they're really the only option when it comes to scabbard packs (for now). I hear their patent ran out here recently so may finally be some competition.

I have a kifaru mountain rambler as well, love kifaru packs, have several others, but this one just doesn't fit my needs.