What sling are you using for your coyote rifle

I would also vote for slogan outdoors. won't slide and pretty much bullet proof.
The "ultra flex" (regular not the mag) info states that it's good for up to 9 lbs. but I use it on my rifle that weighs 10 3/4 lbs.. The "mag" is what is recommended for 10.5 lbs, but it is bigger, thicker and heavier. I have one, but the only rifle I use it on weighs 15 plus lbs
Just my 2 cents

My rifle weighs in at 10.5 lbs. I plan on walking in to an area a good distance from where I parking the truck. Looking for a good sling that will not slide off the shoulder.

Any ideas?
We have several of the "Claw" for both our AR for Predator hunting as well as our Bolt rifles. Great Sling!

We also have the "Slogan" Rubber Sling. use it on our Home Shotgun. There was an advertisement from the designer on Utube years ago and he did a real good job showing how many different ways to use it.

Amazon product ASIN B089DLKH88

Attachments

• S Sling 2.jpg
    S Sling 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37
  • S Sling Logo.jpg
    S Sling Logo.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 32
  • S Sling.jpg
    S Sling.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
As with every other item we use in our everyday life not all slings are created equal, they pretty much all have good aspects as well as bad points each of them will have their place and better uses for some things then for other things. If I'm going to be covering a lot of ground on my feet even a light weight rifle will start biting into my shoulder with a narrow sling, A wide sling will disperse the weight but if it isn't flexible from side to side it will chafe on your collarbone or neck, a wide sling that is flexible from side to side won't chaff on you but may not have any gripping ability and will constantly be needing to be repositioned. I ended up with a good sling that was made of Cardura but it was always slipping so I had a can of spray tool handle coating that I sprayed a couple of coats on the inside area of the shoulder pad with. I have used it for several years, carried it many miles and used it nearly every day for at least 10 years and now have had it on three different rifles, the point being no matter which sling you buy you may end up making a few modifications to it so that it will better fit your needs, but then I am seldom completely satisfied with any out of the box product and will make changes to them after a while and using them so they better suit my usages of them.

A Safari sling is by far the most comfortable way to carry a rifle, if it isn't in your pack. It goes across your back and spreads the load.

I'm using an Eberlestock gun runner. I hate Eberlestock packs but they're really the only option when it comes to scabbard packs (for now). I hear their patent ran out here recently so may finally be some competition.

I have a kifaru mountain rambler as well, love kifaru packs, have several others, but this one just doesn't fit my needs.
What is it you hate about them? The gun runner II seems like a good choice if you're not packing meat.

What is it you hate about them? The gun runner II seems like a good choice if you're not packing meat.

Their harness system sucks for any one that's not a 5'6" runt.

When adjusted out for taller people, the Load lifters end up non-functional, and the waist belt ends up riding way too high from where it should be when adjusted for longer torsos.

I'm six foot tall (not that tall) with actually a shorter torso for my height and I still need an extra 3-4" of adjustment between the waist belt and shoulder straps.

They're just ok for day packs. Hauling any real loads in them is dreadful.

The Slogan Outdoors sling works great for packing my 14# rifle. You can wear it on one shoulder or over both shoulders to distribute the weight.View attachment 463718
Thanks to all that mentioned the Slogan Sling. I received mine a few months ago and it has really worked out well.

I'm running a 14 lb rifle and chose the Slogan Long Maximum Sling. The sling is 1.5" wide, just slightly wider than the Ultraflex Sling and slightly longer.

After using it as it came, I shortened the sling slightly. The sling came 34" long and I shortened it to 30" long. The 30" is the length of the Utraflex Sling and the Maximum is 34".

The Long Maximum Sling is recommended for large people XL, 1X or 2X. It is also recommended for a rifle weight more than 9 lbs.

Should you choose to try a Slogan sling out, try it first the way it comes without making any adjustments. You can easily adjust the sling in the field.

Thanks again to all that recommend this sling.

When calling I use eberlestock. I have a pack for days when I'm hiking a lot or I also got there tactical scabbard separately and backpack straps to just carry a scabbard only for the short calling trips

Recent Posts