• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Shipping Guns

Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
I'm not politically correct I will knock the carriers for you every package we have received that was in the plastic bags that are tougher than wood pecker lips have had hole poked in them so you can read what's in the package if you don't hold the carriers responsible then you condone poor work ethics I'm tired of the excuses people need to take responsibility do the job or get someone who will. David

Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
well you were planning on replacing that Plastic stock with a Real WOOD stock anyway I hope

This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up.
That's interesting you bring this up. The 25-06 I sent to you is still lost and they are refusing to pay the insurance, I have given up on it at this point. The day I mailed it and it was received by my USPS it was lost and never to be seen again. I would make certain that you have a strong proof of value and be prepared to argue with whomever it is shipped through.

That's interesting you bring this up. The 25-06 I sent to you is still lost and they are refusing to pay the insurance, I have given up on it at this point. The day I mailed it and it was received by my USPS it was lost and never to be seen again. I would make certain that you have a strong proof of value and be prepared to argue with whomever it is shipped through.

I have had the worst luck with shipping rifles. Lol
The guy I purchased this rifle from is going to send me another stock he says. Luckily I got to deal with you and him and y'all were both stand up men that went out of their way to make things right.

I break down rifles whenever possible, put the stock and barreled actions into silicone gunsocks. I bubble wrap both separately and the put inside an M4 sized hard case. Zip tie the hard case shut, put it inside a cardboard box and then ship. I haven't had any issues with broken firearms, but it costs on average $75 to ship, might be overkill but I haven't had any complaints.

I usually pick up from Amazon or Ebay whichever one is cheaper. This is the hard case I normally use is this one: 34" Merida Gun Case

In the past I use to air travel all over the country with my rifle and never had an issue. Although my 300 Weatherby is valued at nineteen hundred dollars, I always insure it for about three thousand, but I never had any luck. It works!

Walmart sells a very serviceable and pretty strong plastic rifle case for only 10 bucks. It is padded inside, has room for a scoped rifle plus magazines, and has four secure snaps to hold the case shut. It's a steal for the price and I have several of them.

I just can't imagine WHAT the various carriers actually do to our packages to create the damage I've encountered. They should make the drivers and handlers pay a percentage of the damage claims....

Vettepilot

I saw an airline baggage handler take my brother in-laws rifle case, stand it up on end at the top of the baggage ramp and push it over so it fell down fast and hit hard. It was pretty clear he was trying to do damage, since it took extra effort to do it. My guess is we might be encountering some anti gun types in shipping who are more than too happy to try and damage someone's rifle.

Did you speak up about it?

Walmart sells a very serviceable and pretty strong plastic rifle case for only 10 bucks. It is padded inside, has room for a scoped rifle plus magazines, and has four secure snaps to hold the case shut. It's a steal for the price and I have several of them.

I just can't imagine WHAT the various carriers actually do to our packages to create the damage I've encountered. They should make the drivers and handlers pay a percentage of the damage claims....

Vettepilot

Sold online or in the store?

Years ago had UPS bream the stock on a Krag Constabulary carbine...shipping containers are cheap, Wallymart sells them for $11. Well worth the $. I just increase the shipping costs on Gunbroker by 6and eat the rest. In the 90s I received Mausers from Century and the bolt handle was always sticking they the cardboard...

Plastic pipe. Always use for optics and can get up to 12"; save the foam turtles from received goods use to fill voids around soft cased item. Don't glue; use tape to retain caps/plugs. There's myriad ways to ship stuff using plastic pipe.

Years ago had UPS bream the stock on a Krag Constabulary carbine...shipping containers are cheap, Wallymart sells them for $11. Well worth the $. I just increase the shipping costs on Gunbroker by 6and eat the rest. In the 90s I received Mausers from Century and the bolt handle was always sticking they the cardboard...

A pic of or link to the WM item?