• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Shipping ?

Went through this today. For the guys shipping ammo usps, how do you answer the first question they ask about whether your package contains anything such as....
ammunition.... listed under "prohibited items"? Asking for a friend...
If your friend lies...potential federal offense.

Just tried to ship bullets USPS recently at post office branch. When asked about contenets told them projectiles. Was told they do not ship those. Tried to explain and even reopened package for verification. Considered hazardous and she showed me USPS definitions. Had to ship FEDEX.

I've mailed and received a lot of dies and brass USPS priority. The small box is $8.80. Like the tracking, you can send buyer tracking number which shows purchase sent.

Just bullets are perfectly legal USPS.
Your USPS person is wrong, if you wanna pursue it call the head postmaster.
I had a guy one time in Texas try to send me a rifle and he was told it was illegal to ship a rifle USPS, WRONG. Alot of time the workers dont know the rules, I had a UPS worker tell me a gun had to be shipped FFL to FFL, WRONG.
I had to get on there own website and show her.

I have quite a few dies , brass and bullets I'm thinking about selling.
Not a lot of good shipping options around my area
What's everyone's thoughts on usps flat rate?
Also some ammo to sell but nowhere close by that can ship it
Any ideas
Thanks
My experience with USPS is very dependably consistent....HORRIBLE!!!!! Their tracking function is abysmal....always behind......incorrect......available/updated only post-delivery. Package damage is even worse than UPS package loss and mystery delays are more the norm than the exception.

Don't forget regional rate boxes. You need to register at www.usps.com and order them for free. You also likely need to print your shipping labels at www.usps.com or take to your local PO. You will need to enter the package weight [there is a weight limit] in order for the regional rate boxes to show up as one of the options. I usually have my carrier pick up the boxes so no issues with hassling from uninformed clerks.

Just bullets are perfectly legal USPS.
Your USPS person is wrong, if you wanna pursue it call the head postmaster.
I had a guy one time in Texas try to send me a rifle and he was told it was illegal to ship a rifle USPS, WRONG. Alot of time the workers dont know the rules, I had a UPS worker tell me a gun had to be shipped FFL to FFL, WRONG.
I had to get on there own website and show her.
Typical USPS personnel.............government incompetence.

Typical USPS personnel.............government incompetence.
Well it depends on the Definition they wanna use Projectile or Bullet.
If they wanna classify bullets as projectiles then you can't.

Here is a list of some of them
444 marlin 3 piece rcbs
7x65 2 piece Rcbs
7x57 3 piece. Rcbs
30-30 2 piece. Rcbs
303 savage. 2 piece. Lee
30 m1. 3 piece. Bonanza
30-06. 2 piece Rcbs
280. 2 piece Rcbs
7mm 08 2 piece rcbs
280 2 piece bonanza
270 wsm 2 piece lee
25-06 2 piece bonanza
257 roberts 2 piece rcbs
6.5x55 2 piece lee
6mm 2 piece Lec??
222 2 piece rcbs
22 jet 2 piece bonanza

45 acp 3 piece rcbs
44 spec/44mag 3 piece rcbs
9mm Luger 3 piece bonanza

all the dies listed above shipped lower 48
$37 per set
Thanks
Probably list some more later
The LEC are Lachmiller Engineering Co. Old, but good stuff.

Cant ship loaded ammo USPS. I ship everything off of the UPS website. they have specials for sizes of packages up to 50#s. Also when you ship UPS with loaded ammo you should put this lable on the package. It's a Black Diamond. 4" X 4"

Attachments

• AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 17

Recent Posts