• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Shipping Guns

I saw an airline baggage handler take my brother in-laws rifle case, stand it up on end at the top of the baggage ramp and push it over so it fell down fast and hit hard. It was pretty clear he was trying to do damage, since it took extra effort to do it. My guess is we might be encountering some anti gun types in shipping who are more than too happy to try and damage someone's rifle.
They do not call them baggage smashers for nothing!

In Australia we now have to ship and transfer all firearms through a licensed dealer, cost about $100 across the board. You drop off your rifle, they transfer it off licence and they pack and send, no idea what care they take ect.. Always try to ship insured for this reason I guess.

Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
Not exactly sure where to post this but wanted to share this. I have several rifles shipped to me a year as I'm sure many of us here do... We all know the shipping situation that's going on with FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc... I'm still waiting on a rifle from April... Yea, right. We all know by now Bubba has his tasco dead on and he's bustin nannies on the back 40 with it. I'll never see that rifle...
Anyways, something we need to pay attention to when shipping a rifle, packaging. I have literally received a rifle with the barrel sticking out of the box and have had 1 with the stock from pistol grip back laying in the bottom of the box when I pulled the rifle out. One more thing, please do not send a scope mounted on top of a rifle wrapped up in a cardboard box.
Yesterday I received a rifle that was packed up pretty dang good... Had the box padded, taped good and everything looked good. Pulled the rifle out and it a cracked all the way across the grip... It's a miracle these days that we even receive the rifle, a bonus if it's in working order. Pack the items as you would want them packed for yourself. Mark it fragile, let them know something can be damaged if it's kicked, slammed or whatever else they do with these packages.
This post is not about trashing anybcarriers, it's just a buyer/seller heads up. View attachment 222735View attachment 222736View attachment 222737
I have ordered three rifles this year from Bud's Gun Shop.
All three firearms arrived at the FFL dealer in pristine condition, without any signs of damage even on the cardboard exterior packing box. (I think that three rifles are indicative of quality shipping and handling practices observed at Bud's))
I'm not sure who the carrier is, but they certainly knew how to safely handle firearms.
I am sorry that you have experienced so many problems with your orders.
Are they being drop-shipped (only applies if you have an FFL) to you or are they sent as mine are to an FFL dealer?
If they are sent to a dealer you certainly have the option to unbox and examine said firearm for any signs of damage before you start to fill out those necessary forms.
To me even though your new firearm is finally in front of you if something is amiss, point it out to the dealer and simply reject the order.
If however, all is golden well then you now have a new addition to your safe.
The answer to your dilemma seems simple enough.
1) You either reject the order outright and have the dealer re-order another rifle for you, or
2) You are a happy camper and accept the delivery of your new firearm.
Again I'm sorry for the rough handling that your firearms have received

However, I'm referring to brand new firearms that you have ordered from a dealer and not firearms that you have had shipped to a destination say in order to engage in the harvesting of game animals.
If a firearm is shipped to a location for you to hunt with and said firearm arrives in a damaged state your only recourse is to file a claim against the carrier.
To that end always insure your firearm for its maximum worth.
Take extra care to remove and package scopes and ammunition separately.
Place your firearm-s in a hard travel case made for shipping.
Pad your firearm inside the case and after it is secure place an ownership letter inside

Now before I close, seal and lock the case I digress and take a few photographs just in case an insurance case arises.
You have now done all that you can to protect your firearm and it is up to the carrier to do their part!

Perhaps this may help someone!

Last edited:
antelopedundee: I imagine they sell them online. They sell more stuff online than they do in the stores.

However, I bought all of mine in the store. Just saw them in the store again today as a matter of fact.

Vettepilot

I have ordered three rifles this year from Bud's Gun Shop.
All three firearms arrived at the FFL dealer in pristine condition, without any signs of damage even on the cardboard exterior packing box. (I think that three rifles are indicative of quality shipping and handling practices observed at Bud's and the way that they ship their firearms)
I'm not sure who the carrier is, but they certainly knew how to safely handle firearms.
I am sorry that you have experienced so many problems with your orders.
Are they being drop-shipped (only applies if you have an FFL) to you or are they sent as mine are to an FFL dealer?
If they are sent to a dealer you certainly have the option to unbox and examine said firearm for any signs of damage before you start to fill out those necessary forms.
To me even though your new firearm is finally in front of you if something is amiss, point it out to the dealer and simply reject the order.
If however, all is golden well then you now have a new addition to your safe.
The answer to your dilemma seems simple enough.
1) You either reject the order outright and have the dealer re-order another rifle for you, or
2) You are a happy camper and accept the delivery of your new firearm.
Again I'm sorry for the rough handling that your firearms have received!
I paid an individual online for the rifle and had the rifle shipped to this ffl... if rejected, I'm still out money until the problem is resolved. Just to be clear on this issue, the seller/shipper has sent me money to replace the damaged parts and is going to deal with the carrier on his own time. Very stand up guy and he didn't have to do what he did but I'm very thankful to say the least...

I paid an individual online for the rifle and had the rifle shipped to this ffl... if rejected, I'm still out money until the problem is resolved. Just to be clear on this issue, the seller/shipper has sent me money to replace the damaged parts and is going to deal with the carrier on his own time. Very stand up guy and he didn't have to do what he did but I'm very thankful to say the least...
I'm glad that it turned out that way for you !
As you know not all story's have a happy ending!

I have an Alaskan friend that bought a rifle when he was visiting down here. He put it in the correct airline locking case for the flight back home. When he arrived home, the stock was broken and the bolt missing. There are Anti's everywhere.

will try to get a pic but I just walked to the (sadly depleted) firearms section and they were hanging on a rack. Not really great quality but perfectly usable for shipping...

When flying with a rifle (or two), I use the large Cabelas type aluminum case but on the outside I mark it "FRAGILE: Survey Equipment Inside." I have never had a problem. Maybe just coincidence.

will try to get a pic but I just walked to the (sadly depleted) firearms section and they were hanging on a rack. Not really great quality but perfectly usable for shipping...

Yeah, I think so. If you wanted, you could also put a couple of wood 1x2's from Home Depot inside for added security. (About a buck a piece.) They would have some trouble "accidentally" bending a gun in two inside one of those cases...

I took all my guns in soft cases that have scopes and put them in these. That way they can't get banged together. (My closet is currently my "gun safe")

Vettepilot

Last edited: