Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Well, I'm always in development! This load is pretty close to done.

28 Sherman Magnum: ADG Brass; IMR7828SSC 75.0gr; Hammer Hunter 169gr @ 3.626" OAL; 3257fps with SD of 13.8 (n=24)

This load shot 5 groups of 5 into a composite 25 shot 0.75" group. Worst group was 0.708". Tuner not tuned yet!

Just wanted to share in case you are looking for a 28SM load. I'm sure many folks are chuckling about me posting an Sd of 13.8, but remember that is for 25 shots….not 3 or 5. Same with the group size. There are a lot of 3 shot 0.1" groups in a 0.75" 25 shot composite!
Well, this load blew up in 62 F weather. Velocity went to 3300. Pressure jumped up enough to have excessive bolt lift and extractor smear. I think it is gonna need to lose 1.0 gr to be good over 70F.

I have put together data from the many shooters that emailed/PM'd me. Here is what I have so far but I am still asking for more data to be PM'd to me so I can continue to add to this.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.
As always this data is for specific rifles and should be worked up to find what is safe in your rifle.
How would I go about getting the data for 7ss.

I'm definitely running burger 180. I kinda wanna keep it between 2600-2800. I wish I had other powders but retumbo is all I have in that variety. This is my first MAG. I'm a 6 gt, 6 dasher, 7mm 08 guy usually
You should have no problem getting that speed. I reached over 3000 with a 180 Hy with a compressed load at 64 (I think} 26" barrel

Recent Posts