Sherman light (not for drinking)

Made it out 2 more times today and it looks like the 270ss is about a 1/2 moa rifle with the good loads and 150 LRAB. The first 2 pics were this a.m. and the last 4 were pushing too dark to shoot. Forgot my targets too; thus the cardboard! Could have killed 2 moose though!:D The last 4 were .005" into the lands which seemed to shoot about the same. I have not tried anything very far off yet, so I may try to jump them a little when I get a chance. Tomorrow is scout for elk and hope to see a bear.......Rich
270ss1.jpg

270ss2.jpg

270ss3 .jpg

270ss4.jpg

270ss5.jpg

270ss6.jpg

Got back out today to chrono and shoot the 150's. My plan was to test seating depths with the load showing good promise, but I decided to just leave things alone with hunting almost here. I think it is breaking in and shooting a little better all the time. Here are the results from today. I did not let the barrel cool after firing the first 3 with the mag speed so it may have affected the 3 shot group right after? First 2 shots were in the same hole. The 3 shots by the mag speed pic that were X'd out were from a different rifle.
270ss 150LRAB 59 RL26.jpg

270ss mag speed 150LRAB.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.