280 sherman for sale

elkaholic

I posted this on "guns for sale" but wanted to give a heads up here. I took this in on trade from a guy who worked for me in North Idaho. He wanted my 30/375 S.I. so I made the swap. It is built on a trued 700 BDL action. It has a 26" Lawrence SS, fluted, 9 twist barrel. The Stock is a brand new Stockeys long range varmint tactical. He had the old wood Remmy stock on it when I took it in. It comes with a set of custom Hornady dies and a box of newly formed Norma brass. All you need to add is your favorite scope to make this a very potent long range package! I don't have a scope on it but took it out to run some 180 bergers over the Magneto speed. Here are the results!
280 sherman:stockeys.jpg

280 sherm vel 180 berg.jpg

1230151357.jpg
The last shot was over max but the 3119' shot just had a little stiffer bolt lift! It should perform at 3050' all day long.
Well, maybe the Sherman is a bigger jump over the A.I. than I originally thought.

Last edited:
Curiosity has gotten the best of me... What's the pricetag on something like that, Rich? :D

Been thinking about a 280 Sherman for a while now...But can't find a cheap used donor 700...

Curiosity has gotten the best of me... What's the pricetag on something like that, Rich? :D

Been thinking about a 280 Sherman for a while now...But can't find a cheap used donor 700...

I have it listed at $2200 for the entire package. I am selling it pretty low because I got enough cash difference on my other rifle to do that and I need $$ for my light 270SS........Rich

What do you think of that new stock? Thanks

For the price, it seems pretty good. Everything fit nicely and it snugged down nice and even with the action screws. I have not mounted a scope on it to see how it fits my shooting style, but I think it will be fine.......Rich

Great looking rifle! A 280 has been on my list for quite a while as well - Maybe I'll add another Sherman to my safe someday!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.