280 and 300 Sherman...

The only reason I asked is that I will be picking up a Remington 700 Varmint in .223 this week and was thinking after I shoot a few thousand through it, maybe rebarreling into a .223 AI. Plus, no matter how much I read and assume, with the collective knowledge and experience you guys have, it doesn't hurt to ask.

No, asking is good and you asked a good question! If you really want the A.I., you could just run an A.I. reamer in it right away and be done. It would not cost much.....Rich

Not a bad idea, I'll see if my guy has that reamer on hand. From what I understand I don't have to do a separate fireforming step, I can just throw the factory loads and loads I've worked up for ladder testing in .223 in the AI chamber and shoot to form.

Not a bad idea, I'll see if my guy has that reamer on hand. From what I understand I don't have to do a separate fireforming step, I can just throw the factory loads and loads I've worked up for ladder testing in .223 in the AI chamber and shoot to form.

You should be able to do that......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.