SHARE YOUR 243AI LOAD INFO

Shawn,

You kinda narrowed the field down by your two choices but I will give you my 243 AI pet load all the same .

107 Sierra match king over 41.6 grs. of h54350. Jumped 40 or so. A little over 3000( 3050 or so ) and very accurate . Very accurate . That is with a 7.5 twist Schneider bbl at 26 inch length .

Jim Brown

shawn68....

I have a load for the 105gr Berger VLD......
48.5gr of RE-22, seated softly into the lands....avg velocity is 3247 fps out of a 27.5" Lilja 3 groove. Very low es, and extremely accurate in my rifle...1.5-2" at 500 yds. The Berger does wonders on deer and antelope also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: 75g V Max load.......

48.0-48.5g of 760, Remington case, CCI-250 primer seated to touch the lands.

Cool guys. I have a place to start now thanks.
more ideahs, any body......any body....Bueler, Bueler...Bueler.......

Varget with the 75gn V Max . Start around 41gns and work up at 0.3gn increments .
Topped out around 3700 FPS in my rifle .
H 4350 performs well too .

No pressure at all....I am going to up the powder a little and see what happens when we get some warmer-not rainy weather. I think I am going to try some Ramshot Hunter also. I know my dad is using H380 with the 70 gr BT's and he runs just over 3800 fps out of his 26" barrel.

my barrel is 1:9.... Do you think I can pull off the 105 VLD? I read that a 1:8 is recomended, but dosnt barrel length play a role in bullet stabillity?

Shawn,

You could give it a try...the extra speed of the AI might stabilize that bullet. I bought 800 bullets a while back, I could send you a few if you want to try them.

250 of them showed up on my door yesterday. If they work realy good, you can send them all to me...

Just fooling around TMR, Thanks though,

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.