Hornady Superformance Powder / Share Your Loads

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
I actually decided to email them and suggest that they loosen up the license agreement between Hornady and Hodgdon, such that Superformance data could be published by other companies. Folks will still buy off the shelf Hornady Superf. ammo and many more, will use more of this powder, which I am tired of spelling out...

I'm ripping out some ladders for now with 270, so I'll check back with results. Good and safe hunting this season!

Yeah but then I switched bullets so hafta start over. But it took couple tries as I was just extrapolating and working up slow.

Max with 129 spire point seems to be around 59-60.5gr in my rifle. C.O.L 2.803". Sticky bolt at 62. I was using that to define my prospects before switching to LRX.

It was tricky in my rifle because i was getting a lot of swipe marks very early with multiple combos that were bolt related due to a sharp extractor slot and not pressure at all. Addressed that.

Anyways my gun dosnt care for LRX too much so Ive moved to the 124 HH and havent gotten back to SF yet. Seeing good accuracy and velocity with the first 3 tried.

Any update on the 6.5 PRC load with Superformance?

My 300 WSM likes 68 grains with the Barnes 168 TTSX and Winchester mag primers. A lot more consistent than the Reloader Powders I was using before I tried the Superformance.

My Tikka T3 '06 likes (<MOA):
56.6gr of SF under 208 ELD-M with 3.365 COAL. ( ~ 2650fps, same as 52gr RE17 )
61.3gr of SF under 168 A-Max with 3.35 COAL. (runs significantly faster than book)

Just starting to work up SF loads on a Rem700 .270win and a Bergara '06
.270 Winchester-58.0 gr Superformance-Hornady 145gr ELD-X cronos at 3214fps out of my 700 BDL 26" barrel. .230 Groups at 200 yds. consistently.

6XC with a 110 Atip bullet, 41 grains superformance is one ragged hole at 100 yards, this was not max load, but was most accurate! Estimated velocity going by drops out to a 1000 yards in the ballistic calculator, 2900 fps. 1 in 8" twist

Last edited:
Well this thread is old but not that old and while I feel like I've posted my crazy 300 win mag load a bunch of times, I haven't here:

120 grain Barnes tac tx hbn coated (originally a 300 blackout bullet)

89 grains superformance (yep, it's dense)

Peterson brass. Fed 215m.

Hit 4050 fps from my savage 111 long range hunter.