SERIOUS DELEMA To SHOOT or WATCH

Well, I used to live in PA.
High rate of road kill death on groundhogs.

Also, life expectancy is only 3-6 years in wild.

Give her one more year maybe, but chances go up fast after that of natural death, predation, and road kill death loosing your chance.

When young I shot anything that moved on the ranch except cattle and chickens. The only exception was a white deer. I'd probably give a pass to one lone white chuck. Since you now have a chance to have to have more it looks like you could easilly get into game management.

Acts 11:7

Dang, I use to study this stuff (reference is often associated with preaching the gospel to non Jews...start of Christianity)

But I love the quotation.
I will use it in all conversations with vegans, PETA etc. etc.

GOD, by direct revelation, says you are wrong!

End of conversation !!!

Not a groundhog but years ago when I was prone under a tree waiting for foxes ,I had a Snow White female roo step out in front of me couldn't bring my self to shoot her she was still around 7-8 years later and had a few young mostly speckled with white never seen Roos like that anywhere over here
I'm glad I didn't shoot

theosmithjr--I like the idea of having if done in a full body mount, but make sure you aim straight and true so you don't mess up the top half of the ground hog. I shot an albino prairie dog the summer of 2017 and messed up the bottom half, but my taxidermist mounted it in such a way that the top half wasn't needed.

MelDGOF.jpg

hwRM7xm.jpg

and my wife lets me keep it in the living room under the phone table:

SZy1e0x.jpg

Let us know what you decide.

Evening fellas. I'm all screwed up at this very moment. I've been WATCHING a WHITE GROUNDHOG here in PENNSYLVANIA for the last 3 years.. l NEVER even snapped 1 her way. Always HEARD its BAD LUCK & A CURSE to shoot a White animal. However, this year I noticed she was FAT FULL OF BABIES. I said all spring if she has her pups and any are WHITE I'm taking her & doing a FULL STAND UP BODY MOUNT.. Well today is Satirday, Thursday & again yesterday I saw her & the pups. There are 2 White ones. Well its 6:17pm Eastern time here in PA this fine Saturday evening. I'm all set up 225 yards across the field from her den mound. Im prone under a tree right at the edge of the field. Should I SHOOT? Im really struggling here fellas! What would you fellas do? Im 99% sure I'll take her as soon as shes out & stands up.
Theosmithjr

Personally speaking Mrs. White and her pups would already be mounted! These critters don't do the land any good, especially if you have livestock around. Not believing in luck or ghosts, I'd have no trouble putting a bullet in any of them! I had l pure white baby skunk show up once and except for the inevitable smell, it woulda been toast!
The white ones are genetic throw backs that usually don't last very young because they're easy to spot and kill by predators. Thry have no useful purpose in nature.
Cheers,
crkckr

If your hunting a farmers field call him and ask what he wants you to do. I bet your at the Taxidermist tomorrow!!!

The worst that can happen is for you to return as a groundhog knowing what can happen to you from afar. I know I would be a nervous wreck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.