Some serious groundhog hunting going down.

I earn my spring turkey hunting permission for one farm by shooting groundhogs and trapping coyotes for the landowner. That's got to be the best deal I've ever made!

I once stopped to ask permission to go shoot some woodchucks on a guy's farm, and he told me that he would only allow it if I promised to come back in deer season with a couple of doe tags in my shirt pocket. I had to pinch myself to see if I was awake, or if this was a dream. Needless to say, I agreed to that.

P.S. The bambi-burgers were VERY tasty !!!

Juvenile crime unit….

ABBE794D-51FD-409C-8713-6BA43FD8E6B9.png

Last edited:
No high powered Creed, 22-250, 243 etc, killed groundhog with Beman .177 with Gamo Red Fire pellet. Stuck it in ear and did chin dance with ground. LR shot! 53'! Protecting my tomatoes!

No high powered Creed, 22-250, 243 etc, killed groundhog with Beman .177 with Gamo Red Fire pellet. Stuck it in ear and did chin dance with ground. LR shot! 53'! Protecting my tomatoes!

Tomato plants and woodchucks are a bad mix. Something's got to go, and my vote is the same as yours - get rid of the woodchucks !!!! A lead implant is the best way to accomplish that.