Seekin Rifles

17remhunter

Looked at the seekin rifles at the sheep show in Reno. Does anyone have either the Element or the Havak and could you give me your opinon on either one. Like accuracy, true weight, LOP etc

I have a 300 WM in the Havak PH2 that has been great. It runs just over 7 lbs dry, I believe. I am not sure about the LOP that you ask of, but it feels comfortable to me.

There are definitely lighter options out there, but I'm not sure that one could beat the value for the money. I bought mine new. It took about 125 rounds before the barrel started to settle in and velocity became stable. I am running 208 ELD-M's with N565, and it is a true 1/3 to 1/2 MOA rifle. I shot the 210 Berger VLD's previously, and it was easy to develop a load that was running about 1/2 MOA for those too. There is plenty of mag length and the throat seems long enough to shoot those longer bullets. I have nothing but good to say about Seekins so far. It did come with the carbon magazine a little scuffed up from the factory, but Seekins sent me a new one after a phone call - no questions asked. I haven't had any problems with about 400 rounds down the barrel. The action gets smoother with use.

The Element looks like a neat option if you are going for something on the lighter side of things. I have no experience with them. Does anyone have a personal relationship with an Element? Have there been any problems with the aluminum parts? I'm curious to know too.

Does anyone have either the Element or the Havak in the 6mm Creedmoor? I dont want to go to lite but not to heavy either. Whats the weight of the 6cm in the Havak? Also would anyone know what kind of velocity decrease you would get with the 21" barrel over the 24" shooting a 105gr. If the Havak isnt to heavy that would be the way I might go.................Im guessing the LOP is 13.5 but hoping its longer

Does anyone have either the Element or the Havak in the 6mm Creedmoor? I dont want to go to lite but not to heavy either. Whats the weight of the 6cm in the Havak? Also would anyone know what kind of velocity decrease you would get with the 21" barrel over the 24" shooting a 105gr. If the Havak isnt to heavy that would be the way I might go.................Im guessing the LOP is 13.5 but hoping its longer
I have an Element in 6 Creedmoor, and one of my friends does also. For Velo w/suppressor the Hornady Black was 2905 fps and the Horn. Match was 2880- Hornady lists both at 2960 (don't know their barrel length). This was when new, could see a little speed increase after 100 or so rounds.
Both guns shot both factory cartridges 3/4"-1" @ 100 for 5- 3 shot groups of each Black and Match.
I worked up a couple loads with 105H Bergers. With Staball 42.7gr 2905 fps. Ave of 3- 3 shot groups @ 100 were .595" (Hodgdon lists 43.7gr @ 3156 w/24" barrel.)
And same bullet with Superformance 45.7 gr was 3023 fps. Ave 2- 3 shot groups.720" (Hodgdon got 3151 same load w/24" barrel).

The gun weighed 5.5 Lb. out of the box. I have an NXS 2.5-10 w/ NF UL rings and it is at 7 Lb empty no suppressor . For L.O.P. I get 13". The Magpul mags are very nice.
The aluminum barrel shroud gets very hot fast, especially when suppresed.