Fierce Rifles

I have 2 of them. 1 CT's edge in 300 wm & 1 edge in 280 so. Both won't extract spent cartridges. Trying to get them fixed from a local gun smith. It like the video on YouTube just shoots straight up into my scope.Will extract loaded bullets but not empty. Sako action suck. I'm in Canada so it's hard to send it back. The owner is nothing but a cheap scummy car sales man. Who care if they meet the 1/2 MOA , if you have to turn the gun side ways to get the shell out. Buy a Tikka and do a semi custom IMO.

I have 2 of them. 1 CT's edge in 300 wm & 1 edge in 280 so. Both won't extract spent cartridges. Trying to get them fixed from a local gun smith. It like the video on YouTube just shoots straight up into my scope.Will extract loaded bullets but not empty. Sako action suck. I'm in Canada so it's hard to send it back. The owner is nothing but a cheap scummy car sales man. Who care if they meet the 1/2 MOA , if you have to turn the gun side ways to get the shell out. Buy a Tikka and do a semi custom IMO.
If you have the Edge model it was made in Canada by Antler Arms. Call them and they will fix it.

My dad bought an earlier one. Carbon barrel titanium action. 7 mag. Shoots good but headspace not right. 3 firings and brass is done. Never sent it back should have. Bought an 8 twist proof barrel to rechamber.

I don't own one, but I've shot one belonging to my hunting partner. It remains the most accurate factory rifle I've ever shot. It lived up the accuracy guarantee from the factory. It's only a sample size of 1 but if I was dropping my own money on a premium hunting rifle I'd take a serious look at them.
I'm a little late to the party but I can jump in with my expirience. I own the rifle mentioned by "shooter7" in the attached post. It is a 7mm rem mag fury model built in Canada. I use it as my primary hunting rifle. Load development was very easy for it and I routinely shoot groups in the .2s and .3s. Accuracy and functionality are flawless. That being said the fit and finish definitely leaves something to be desired. I got a screaming deal on mine in a time of need and it has worked out for me thus far. If you can find a good deal on a used one from the Canadian era I would consider it, otherwise get the rifle built exactly how you want it for not a lot more money.

2nd owner of this 28 Nosler Fury. Wrote in asking how to validate the accuracy guarantee as, IMO, a 28 Nosler rifle wasn't shooting like it should with Nosler Trophy Grade 160 AB factory ammo. It belongs to my son in law and he was headed to Wyoming to hunt elk, so I didn't really raise to big of an issue with it right before they were leaving on their hunt. They didn't have to shoot in WY so no harm done.

Got an answer back from Fierce: ".....the validation is with the appropriate ammo, that could mean Factory load or even some handload development. The 28 Nosler has a few different factory ammos to try from. The Nosler has the 160 accubond, 175 Ablr, or the 150 E-tip. Hornady has the 162 ELDX. For the most part we have been successful with one of those. There has been some instances where a load was created to get it to shoot. I hope this helps."

Not really what I was expecting from them. Basically without them shooting a target at the factory to "prove" the accuracy, there is slim to much less that you would get them to warranty anything. That is without having a lawyer write them a letter.

Wow… I'm glad I bought fierce years ago when they made good rifles, looks like I lucked out. I own a fury 300 wsm, edge 300 rum, fury 28 Nosler, edge 26 Nosler and 7mm CT edge… I've gotten under 1/2 MOA even 1/4 MOA very fast and maybe have 50-60 rds on each except the 300 wsm which I hunt with often with maybe 150 rds. From what I've been reading I would never buy another rifle from them, my tikkas can do what they do for half the cost. What a shame as I'm a proud fierce owner☹️

This just seems to be another example of someone/company with a good idea and good vendors/employees losing focus and control as growth exceeded their capacity. Sadly, this happens all too often. Scaling operations to meet demand is very difficult when you lose the laser focus on the what made you successful in first place.

I have one in a 6.5 x 284 and it shoots lights out with the recommended load from the factory. I have taken lots of animals with it and it was my go to rifle on my first trip to South Africa. It did not disappoint. I would own another one if the right one cam along. I have several friends that have them as well and they are all happy with them. Good Luck in your quest.

This just seems to be another example of someone/company with a good idea and good vendors/employees losing focus and control as growth exceeded their capacity. Sadly, this happens all too often. Scaling operations to meet demand is very difficult when you lose the laser focus on the what made you successful in first place.
They stopped using their manufacturer in Canada. Hired the wrong gunsmith who didn't work out then the search started again. They wanted to keep all the money in house without having the people to build their rifles.

I have owned a total of probably 25 Fierce rifles and had them put new barrels on a couple more that I shot out. And here is my honest assessment:

In regards to rifles there is no way to really get around the fact that "you get what you pay for." I have several full custom builds by some of the best, including Travis Stevens as mention in the OP. I feel that sometimes people buy a fierce and expect it to be what their $6000 full custom is. You can't expect that at $2K-$3K and especially when fierce is building rifles on a large scale.
However, function and accuracy should not be lacking on a $2K rifle, if it is, then Fierce needs to be able to remedy those issues without any grief. And yes, when you produce as many rifles as they do, there will be those issues in some that get out the door. There is with all of the rifles in their tier (Christiansen, Seekins, etc). I have sent two Christiansens back twice each, a Seekins that did not feed from the magazine and one that did not shoot and they rebarreled.

In the couple dozen rifles from fierce that I have owned I can honestly say that every single one of them has shot tiny groups. I do agree with a post above that a lot of people who buy these middle tier rifles are not capable of shooting 1/2" groups, and get frustrated and blame the rifle when really it's probably their technique, optics mounting, or setup at the range. I've seen horrendous things at the range from people who have a $5000 setup and fling 2-3" groups at 100 yrds and think it's the rifle when you know **** well it's them.
Also as far as "issues" with the rifles, I have only had 1 in about 25ish rifles and that was that on a hot load my fierce rival 28 nosler would not extract the brass from the chamber. Back the load off and it did not do this. This rival was like the 6th one that they ever built and I have had about 6-7 rivals since then and they all have been great. As far as fit and finish issues, some of them have come with the barrel a little off center in the channel, or the inletting when you take the action out is a little ragged, but nothing that has been extreme and nothing that ever affected how tight all of them shoot.
As far as the customer service, I have never really needed it except with one fury 7 mag that I was having trouble getting to shoot. They connected me with John, the owner, directly and he talked it over with me and suggested that I try a certain powder and bullet combo and if that did not shoot to send it back and they would get me a new rifle. Well that powder and bullet shot very well so I did not send it back.

Some final things to think about when buying a fierce:

1. They shoot very well. They are saami chambers though and are targeted at guys who are shooting factory ammo and so sometimes it has taken some work to tune a handload.

2. They are NOT a custom rifle in the sense that we talk about custom rifles, no matter what they advertise. So don't expect the fit and finish to be that of your custom builds, however it has been pretty good overall for me on the rifles that I have had.

3. Remember: you get what you pay for. So it's worthy of your thoughts to ask the question as to why a build from Travis costs $5800 and why a rifle from Fierce is $2400. What does Fierce give up to be able to do that price that Travis does not give up? To me it's not accuracy that they give up, but it sounds like they lack in customer service and responsiveness.

I have 4 Fierce rifles, 2 Proof rifles, 1 Christiansen Arms, and half a dozen custom rifles that would be comparable in build to these rifles (carbon wrapped barrels and light weight stock).

To the OP's request of my opinion on Fierce:
1- magazine system is second to none-- I absolutely love the magazine as mentioned by another poster
2- The sako clone actions are butter smooth and very tight (I do not have a newer model on a Remington clone)
3- Accuracy is awesome with most ammo-- my 6.5-284 Fierce is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned
4. Their customer service is not stellar and Mr Mogle is not a very honest person and is very quick to place blame on other companies to cover his mistakes. I had Fierce customize two of my rifles and one was not what I ordered after a 10 month wait and he blamed it on McMillian (McMillan saved the situation and had stellar customer service-they actually called him and called him out on his mistake in ordering the wrong stock)
5. As far as I can tell--they only chamber in SAAMI spec-- so getting a custom chamber for long heavy for caliber bullets is not an off the shelf option (they may have started doing custom chambers since I ordered my semi-custom rifles from them)
I want to point out that I am sure that every gun maker has put out a few bad products. Fierce is a newer company and I am sure there is not a dedicated school on how to run an Arms company. I own a company and we are human and make mistakes so I would not let reports of a few bad rifles sway you from ever giving one a try. However-- you have to know going in that if you get a lemon product- you may have hassles with customer service as has been mentioned multiple times in this and other forums. No riflings in a barrel that they supposedly checked is concerning. But-- hiring and finding good help these days is a real struggle and the real problem I see there is how they handled that instead of just owning it and making it right. Right on par with what I experienced other that getting attorneys involved.

Personally I like the Fierce action more than the Proof and I like the Fierce and Proof over the Christiansen hands down. My perfect rifle would be a custom rifle built on the Fierce sako action with their magazine system.

So-Right now where I am at with Fierce-- I am looking at having a gun smith re-barrel my Fierce with a custom chamber because I absolutely love the action and magazine but want a chamber that will let me seat the bullets out a bit. And- I have been scouring the forums looking for the older Fierce rifles with the detachable mag for sale to but cannot seem to find many of those around?