Second set of range finding binoculars

I know a few sheep hunters who use the best Swaro or Leica non-rangefinding binoculars and a hand held rangefinder. You are glassing for hours, and only ranging for a few seconds once you find the critter you want. Something to think about... DD62

I think there are a lot of options on the market now and the feedback here should really help people make sound decisions. I think I found a second set of the EL Rangefinders from a member on here for a reasonable price but there are some really good posts in this thread that are informative. My only hold back right now is what Swarovski will charge to repair mine. It was my fault for knocking them off the bench but maybe they will help me out.

10k Sig is a great tool ,used it this summer on 3 rifles out to 1500 yrds
App is alot easier than other sig products that i hated ,
this unit is awesome with simple menu navigation and the ph app sync to bino's is lightning fast compared to other unit .
the blue tint glass is to make the RF read outs more easily readable .
the glass is not on par with swaro or leica , but the functions are worth the trade off presently .
im half way through hunting season and everything is going well when running it with older standby unit .
im happier now as it fills both roles with only one piece of kit .

Anyone try the new Leupold RF Bino's for comparison.
I personally don't have a RF bino but have been considering making the jump from my still working old Lica Rangemaster 1200.

The Leica 10x42R set showed up yesterday. They were built in June/2023 according to serial number. My first impression is the glass is quite a bit better than the Vortex and the laser is quick, but glass can be subjective so comparing is just my opinion. They will not range as far as the Vortex and do not have the ballistic app, but they are actually close in glass to my 2013 Swarovski glass. I know the newer Swarovski has better glass but overall, they seem to be a good backup. I will do some further comparison just from my experience with them.

After further testing, the rangefinder has quit twice. I had to remove the battery to get it to reset and come back on. It did it again this morning where nothing worked, no menu, no rangefinder. I removed the battery and reinstalled it then it starts working again. It's a shame but I will be returning these to Midway and keeping the Vortex for now. I may also purchase the set of Swarovski EL units offered to me by a member here.

After further testing, the rangefinder has quit twice. I had to remove the battery to get it to reset and come back on. It did it again this morning where nothing worked, no menu, no rangefinder. I removed the battery and reinstalled it then it starts working again. It's a shame but I will be returning these to Midway and keeping the Vortex for now. I may also purchase the set of Swarovski EL units offered to me by a member here.
Is this a fresh or new battery?

New battery, I tried another battery, and it did it again this morning. They are energizer batteries. I talked to another guy who said he had the same issue and returned his also. They seemed to have good glass and ergonomics, but I can't have that.

Lots of great information here from everyone. Thanks. I'm on my second set of sig 6k's. First set lasted about a year and the focus broke internally so I sent them in and they were replaced with a new set within a few weeks. My second set I've had for about a year now and something is loose and rattling inside and the range display is blurry on one side. They are still working for the moment so I'm hoping they will last until January when deer season ends here in OK. They will be sent off then. The RF function works great and when compared with Leica and Zeiss RF it's dead on out to 1000. The glass has the blue/green tint and isn't near the quality the other two are and that's to be expected (imo) with the sigs. Overall I'm ok with them but I'll be going with something new after this hunting season as long as these hold up. I'll keep the sigs as a backup.

I had the R until I was on a hunt in Kansas and they got run over. I replaced them with the 3020.com and hated them. I have two Swarovski EL ranges and the Leica 30200.com. I did like the Leica R.. I did not like the leica 3200.com.
I would say that the Leica R is equivalent to the Swarovski EL range.

I don't think you can go from German glass to Vortex and ever be happy.