best range finding binoculars

DSMITH1651

Thinking that a pair will remove one step in the shot process. I would also like to cary one less thing in the field.
So what ones should I be looking at and why?
Thanks
Duane

Read a good test in Petersons Hunting last year. Leica was the winner with the Bushnell at the bottom. I bought the Swarovski. I have a few Swarovski scopes and think the quality of the glass is top notch. I played with all the brands at the Harrisburg outdoor show. I didn't need the Leica ballistic app.

I also found that it was a pain to drop the bino to use the rangefinder. It's so easy to watch a animal, call the yardage and watch your kid smoke it. Just sayin.

I got mine at a discount demo price from riflescopes.com paid 2625 shipped. They appear to be brand new. All paperwork and box came with.

Good luck.

I use Leica geovid 8x56 and I love it! It is really rugged, optics are one of the best you can find and you get reliable measuring out to 1300y...

I use the Zeiss 10X45 RF binocular. Easily gets me distances to 1K and with a few attempts have ranged to past 1600 with them. Optics are superb and the laser is really good.

Geb

I've been using Leica Geovids, 10x42, since they came out. They've hunted 4 continents, mountains, swamps, desert and rain forests. Still going strong. (My wwife has them now.)

Leica has sent me a couple lens covers over the years. It's the weakest part of their system. A call to them always has new one in the mail for free.

Last year some of the armor wsa starting to come loose. Again, great customer service. I sent them in, all fixed up and even complete check up and no charges to me.

You can still get 10x model without ballistic program. It's about $500 less than the new ones with ballistic programming capabilities. However, the non ballistic new models DO have an angle measuring capability. That's a feature that is worth it for me.

I have run my Leicas next to hunting partners with other models. I seem to get more consistent and capable ranging under more conditions than they have. Leica is supposed to have a beam dispersion that is narrower and better able to distinguish targets better.

My experience and observations do confirm that in my experience. I made the plunge into the new HDS-B last fall. Used them all hunting season from MN woods to the prairies and mountains of WY, CO & NM. VERY happy with them. I do need to figure out the ballistics eventually. For now, I use the range, angle, pressure and temp feature with my data cards. Works well for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.