Scope will not Adjust to 1000 yds

BCBRAD

I have a VXIII 3.5x10 Luepold scope on a Sako Finnlight M85 Finnlight in 30-06. Using a 200gr NAB @ 2700fps the bullet falls short of target at 1035yds. Scope is at max adjustmentfor elevation, tryed using the top of the bottom dual X post and bullet still falls a bit short. Getting hits on a T-shirt sized target by holding high but want to be able to pur cross hair on target. Suggestions on achieving this are welcome.

I have a VXIII 3.5x10 Luepold scope on a Sako Finnlight M85 Finnlight in 30-06. Using a 200gr NAB @ 2700fps the bullet falls short of target at 1035yds. Scope is at max adjustmentfor elevation, tryed using the top of the bottom dual X post and bullet still falls a bit short. Getting hits on a T-shirt sized target by holding high but want to be able to pur cross hair on target. Suggestions on achieving this are welcome.

Oh the SAKO op-lock system comes to mind (I hate it), a few ideas are add a scope base with some adjustment built in, like a 10, 20, 30, or 40 MOA base or switch to a lighter bullet like a 155g VLD.

Oh the SAKO op-lock system comes to mind (I hate it), a few ideas are add a scope base with some adjustment built in, like a 10, 20, 30, or 40 MOA base or switch to a lighter bullet like a 155g VLD.

+1

Sako,s are hard to find bases for and there are several things you can do if you can not find a 10 to 20 MOA base.

If you can find a one piece base (Steel) you can add .030 to ,050 thousandths worth of shims to
the back of the base and bed the base with the shims in place.

next and unfortunately more is buy a scope with at least 50 to 60 MOA in it (30mm tubed scopes
normally have more MOA adjustments built in.

I also think that Burris makes there Z rings for a Sako and they have the ability to add or subtract
MOA.

Just some more options.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.