scope upgrade

Rum and not the liquid

i want to upgrade form my mark 4 6.5-20x50 to something with a big more power can anyone suggest a scope? bear in mind i dont want to downgrade optic quality for the sake of zoom

thanks
lucas

just had alook at the nxs and i noticed the 12-42 had only 45moa adjustment and the 8-32 had a bit more at 65, my mark 4 has 70 is this becasue of the extened zoom and how woould 25moa less affect my reach

thanks

lucas

More mag=less adjustment in most cases. Throw a canted base on there and drive on.

Might not even need a canted base. What are you shooting (caliber, bc, and velocity) and how far do you want to be able to shoot?

I would never want more than 6-20 for hunting.Targets could be another matter. I would like a better low end,but options are expensive. I love my Mark 4 ERT,MIL/MIL.i ALSO like that it is 22oz,since it is a packer

oh ok im running a 20 moa base but that may even be overkill. im running a 300 rum,208grain amax and 2950 fps. id like to hunt out to 1000yards, i nailed a red at 755 the other day and thought a little more zoom would be cool.

lucas

i have a March on order, it's a 2.5-25X that has 100 MOA of adjustment, and another 20 with the reticle. it's only 12" long, weighs about 22 oz. great optics, great function, it's like a sore dick...you can't beat it!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.