Looking to upgrade my scope

I second the Tract, the Toric 3-15x50 retails for $749 and great for a lighter weight hunting rig. I'm about to order my third Tract with the PRS reticle

I run the NXS 5.5-22X56 HS ZS MOAR on my hunting rig and I absolutely love it. Warna Mtn Tactical Rings. I have way nicer scopes sure but I know one thing about the ol' NXS, when I crank that elevation turret there is no doubt in my mind on the tracking.
F0B6280C-E6AD-4E61-8E3E-EEBA5FB38E22.png

Last edited:
I have the Z5 3.5-18 BT on my 300 WM. Glass is great. I have the first setting at 200, with the others at 300,400, and 500. They work pretty well and it is repeatable. The negative I found is that with these settings, the adjustment will only reach 600 yards before bottoming out.
I have ordered a 20moa base to remount the scope and gain added adjustment. It should give me all I need for this rifle. I don't intend to shoot extreme distances with it.

Between those two options, I'd go with the Swaro. The NXS line of scopes are over rated and over priced.

I was set on buying an NSX or ATACR until I was in the shop handling them next to the Swaro X5i.

I bought the X5i and have no regrets.

I took it out to the range and dialed it in 1.1 inches high at 100yds, that should have put me at zero at 200yds. Then I punched in the ballistics into the Swarovski ballistic calculator cranked the turret as calculated and went to 1000yds. I had what I estimated at 10mph crosswind, held about 3' left and took three shots. Two were within 1-1/4" of bullseye and the third was 6" left but dead on in Elevation. Cranked it back down to zero and was dead on. I was extremely impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts