Scope rings and mount

keg333

Just bought a new Leupold LR 30mm scope for my .300 RUM. I usually just go with Leupold rings but this is a larger caliber then any of my other rifles so I was wondering what scope mount/rings would be a good choice? Remingtion 700 SPS Stainless. Thanks in advance

I haven't had much luck with Leuopold. Last 2 sets I've bought wouldn't allow enough elevation to zero. Could have been mislabeled packaging though. I bought them from two different places. Both were for my 700 SPS. I went with Talley lightweight 1 piece and have had great luck. I've bought 4 or 5 sets of the talleys since, and they have all worked great. They aren't anymore than the Leupys but I'm not sure if the Talley light weights come in stainless.

Take a look at Near MFG, I feel they make the best rings and bases out there for heavy scopes.

For a Remington base I would choose MidwayUSA p/n: 521-893 ($24.99), Leupold Long Range Base (15MOA cant), this is Silver. For rings I would choose p/n: 303-821 (56.99) 30mm Burris Signature Standard rings. The rings can't be had in silver but make a great looking setup, are rock solid and you can add the +/- .20 inserts and have 35MOA of elevation in your rings/mounts. That and the Leupold scope's adjustment will get you way past 1000yds. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts