Scope mounting on Defiance anti

wyodeer

Curious what anybody has used mounting scopes on the Anti actions
Wanted to use low Talley's but that isn't gonna work and not sure if mediums will even work
Zeiss V4 4-16x is what is going on it
Thanks

Defiance anti, their 20 moa rail, and NF low rings. I did file down the front cross bar on the rail so I could slide the scope back further.

Be careful, you can go to low and have interference with the bolt handle. I tried Ken Farrell low rings with a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42mm and could not open the bolt fully. It seems that the Seekins low rings are the lowest you can use and still cycle the bolt with the <50mm scopes and the Vortex low rings will work with the 50mm objective scopes.

This is using the 20 MOA Defiance rail.

I was hoping I could use the medium Talleys or Hawkins for simplicity and weight but may have to use the rail.
Called Defiance and they said the mediums would work but now that I have the action in hand I don't see it happening

I was hoping I could use the medium Talleys or Hawkins for simplicity and weight but may have to use the rail.
Called Defiance and they said the mediums would work but now that I have the action in hand I don't see it happening
I used Hawkins Hybrids on my 6.5SS with a Mark5HD built on an anTi. I had their 34mm rings opened to 35mm by live4thehunt.

BB2DE9A7-9835-4289-BA74-9AA6D06E62BF.jpeg

Are those the highs?
Plenty of room for bolt lift?
I believe they are the lows. It's a 44mm objective, and I have no issues with bolt manipulation.

ETA: you should contact the folks at Hawkins. They were very helpful in helping me pick rings for my scope/action/barrel contour, and even gave me contact info for live4thehunt with a solid recommendation on his service to open them up to 35mm

I have the Hawkins hybrid highs on my anti x. Prefer direct mount over rail. 50mm nightforce clears in the front, and bolt handle clears fine in the back