Scope Mounting on Defiance Anti X LA

Mark37082

I have a Defiance Anti X LA on order and have been looking for scopes. I am narrowing it down (no pun intended) to a few scopes at this point. I'm leaning toward the March D25V52TI compact but I am little concerned with mounting this on the action. Feenix was kind enough to measure his Anti X for me. It was 6 9/16" to the outside of the bases. The March has 5.47" of mounting space available. Has anyone tried to mount this scope on LA Anti X? I know it would be best to wait until the action is received and rifle built to test out the fit, but just trying to get everything thing together at this point.

What stock, that will also affect position and ring height. What rings are you planning on using? What barrel?

Did Feenix give you center slot to center slot measurements?

I know that Defiance actions are hard to go very low with ring selection, example

Attachments

• 2C579D08-6F1F-440F-91F8-28910443948C.jpeg
    2C579D08-6F1F-440F-91F8-28910443948C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • C043E173-4DE7-4D3A-A355-0EA32953E801.jpeg
    C043E173-4DE7-4D3A-A355-0EA32953E801.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 103
What stock, that will also affect position and ring height. What rings are you planning on using? What barrel?

Did Feenix give you center slot to center slot measurements?

I know that Defiance actions are hard to go very low with ring selection, example

Is that a Tenacity and what brand/height rings are those? I was told that there have been some recent changes to the anTi bolt handle to help with scope clearance. I would be very interested in an anTi if I could get a scope mounted low.

I have Proof Sendero and a Mesa Altitude w/o adjustable cheek on order. I don't have the center slot to center slot measurement yet. I haven't ordered rings yet. I do have several sets of 30mm in a drawer at various heights. I do prefer mounting a scope as low as possible.
I ordered the Anti X a couple of months ago and probably won't be in until the end of this year. I was assured it would be produced with the new bolt handle. Based on the long delays I am just trying to get everything ordered and ready for the GS.

Is that a Tenacity and what brand/height rings are those? I was told that there have been some recent changes to the anTi bolt handle to help with scope clearance. I would be very interested in an anTi if I could get a scope mounted low.

I have an Anti and that was my Tenacity. The Anti has slightly more clearance because of the smaller handle diameter. Defiance has aggressively worked to update the design and have worked with customers to help solve issues with interference. This is strictly for information, but the lowest rings I have been able to use are the Seekins low rings, that is what was mounted on the Tenacity.

Thanks

I guess I will need to send another request to Feenix to get all the base measurements. I am really wanting to make the March scope purchase, but just need to make sure mounting it will not be a problem. The 52mm objective should put it up enough to avoid any handle interference.

I kind of feel like I hijacked this thread. I apologize for all my inquiries. I think I'm set thanks to everyone's input. Also, Feenix replied with the dimensions of the receiver and I should be good to go. I am consistently amazed by the fine folks on this forum.