scope choice

ks270

What scope should I put on my 22-250? Were I hunt the longest shot is about 400 yards. I am looking at a Leupold 3x9 L R D or a Nikon 3x9 coyote ? What about other scopes? Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but take a look at Zeiss Conquest scopes. You can get their 3-9x40 for $399 right now. You won't find clearer glass, especially at that price. There are a lot of other scopes out there selling for more money that are a lot less scope.

I recently picked up a Conquest 3-9x40 and I sent it in to the Zeiss custom shop and for $100 they installed the exposed target knobs. I'm very happy with it.

Kinda depends on the intended game.

If you are planning on hunting small varmints, you would probably really benefit from having a little more power.........something like 12X or maybe even 14X on the top end........small meaning prarie dogs, ground squirrels, crows, ect.

I've also got a Zeiss conquest, it's the 4-14X model. Do like it, good scope for the money.

I am not looking to hunt anything but coyotes with this gun.I will check out the Zeiss.Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.