Scammer on Powder "Alphex Firearms"

Was surfing the web today in hopes of finding some IMR or Hodgons 4350 powder. After striking out on most of the sites if did find Alphex Firearms in Lawrence, Kansas "did" in fact have powder in 1 pound containers, and you could purchase as many pounds as you would like for like $30 a pound. I "almost" clicked the to order, but.....decided to do a little "due diligence" and try to get reviews. Nothing there, so called the Lawrence, Kansas police department and spoke to the OIC. The OIC in fact told me that Alphex Firearms is a legitimate firearms dealership and they do sell firearms; however, the web page is a scam. The OIC stated that the store owner, the Lawrence City police department and the ATFE are trying to shut the site down. Again Alphex Firearms is a legitimate business, but the web site is a scam using this company's information, and has nothing to do with this shop and this gun shop is legitimate. It does pay to do "due diligence" when dealing with the internet sales of reloading components.

I did post this in the General Discussion forum as well. Not certain where it does belong, just do not want to see people getting ripped off.
I was looking at that site today and wanted to call them! Tried to call and the number they gave wouldn't go through so tried to do online checking and found this site!
Thank you for sharing, I was planning on sending them money for the powder and glad I didn't do it!

The scam sights are so many now and so bad they increase in number EVERY SINGLE TIME I do a search for powder or primers, or ammo I can't reload like 12ga 3.5" Winchester LBXR turkey shells At least a half dozen sights I've never seen or heard of before pop up listing what I am looking for in stock at great prices and no limit along with a page or two of WS's I KNOW to be scams.

It's to the point now you can only buy from WS's you have bought from previously otherwise it is a 95%+ likely a scam sight.

The scam sights are so many now and so bad they increase in number EVERY SINGLE TIME I do a search for powder or primers, or ammo I can't reload like 12ga 3.5" Winchester LBXR turkey shells At least a half dozen sights I've never seen or heard of before pop up listing what I am looking for in stock at great prices and no limit along with a page or two of WS's I KNOW to be scams.

It's to the point now you can only buy from WS's you have bought from previously otherwise it is a 95%+ likely a scam sight.
I have to agree. It's unfortunate…

WELL, I screwed up and took the bait. I saw these threads a day to late. I paid via Venmo. I am wondering if they can do anything, If anything, I asked for a refund, no answer yet, probably never. I am a cyber security guy too... should have seen this coming, but the pay address was a valid registered one. I don't get that.
did you ever get a refund?

Was surfing the web today in hopes of finding some IMR or Hodgons 4350 powder. After striking out on most of the sites if did find Alphex Firearms in Lawrence, Kansas "did" in fact have powder in 1 pound containers, and you could purchase as many pounds as you would like for like $30 a pound. I "almost" clicked the to order, but.....decided to do a little "due diligence" and try to get reviews. Nothing there, so called the Lawrence, Kansas police department and spoke to the OIC. The OIC in fact told me that Alphex Firearms is a legitimate firearms dealership and they do sell firearms; however, the web page is a scam. The OIC stated that the store owner, the Lawrence City police department and the ATFE are trying to shut the site down. Again Alphex Firearms is a legitimate business, but the web site is a scam using this company's information, and has nothing to do with this shop and this gun shop is legitimate. It does pay to do "due diligence" when dealing with the internet sales of reloading components.

I did post this in the General Discussion forum as well. Not certain where it does belong, just do not want to see people getting ripped off.
Thank you so much, almost ordered $500+ in powder…

I got caught in this and am trying to contact the agencies you list related to it. Can you provide more information as to the OIC at Lawrence PD and the actual store information (they may know who is heading up any investigation)? I get the shuffle when I call the Lawrence PD and it seems like no one I talk to has heard of this "Lawrence" related scam. Thanks!

I got caught in this and am trying to contact the agencies you list related to it. Can you provide more information as to the OIC at Lawrence PD and the actual store information (they may know who is heading up any investigation)? I get the shuffle when I call the Lawrence PD and it seems like no one I talk to has heard of this "Lawrence" related scam. Thanks!

Hello Nevada Rifle Shooter, I am sorry to hear that you got caught up in this mess. I posted this thread back in September 2021, and I don't remember the name of the OIC who I spoke with. I only called the PD and asked for the OIC, and whoever I spoke to told me about this scam. Also I just tried getting on the Alphex we page and my virus protection software kicked in telling me the sight was not a secure sight and it wouldn't let me log on. When I wrote this thread, I did find Alphex gun shop and I also found a residential address for the Alphex web page. I'm pretty careful and almost got caught up with a sight where they "say" that hey have the item in stock, but...when you place the order you wait and wait and wait before the order gets processed. My guess is that the company is taking orders for stock that it does not have. I checked the reviews before I hit purchase, and I recommend that anyone who is reading this post does the same before clicking on Place the Order with a company who they have never purchased from before. I am on Facebook and see threads posted on other companies who are scammers as well.

Hello Nevada Rifle Shooter, I am sorry to hear that you got caught up in this mess. I posted this thread back in September 2021, and I don't remember the name of the OIC who I spoke with. I only called the PD and asked for the OIC, and whoever I spoke to told me about this scam. Also I just tried getting on the Alphex we page and my virus protection software kicked in telling me the sight was not a secure sight and it wouldn't let me log on. When I wrote this thread, I did find Alphex gun shop and I also found a residential address for the Alphex web page. I'm pretty careful and almost got caught up with a sight where they "say" that hey have the item in stock, but...when you place the order you wait and wait and wait before the order gets processed. My guess is that the company is taking orders for stock that it does not have. I checked the reviews before I hit purchase, and I recommend that anyone who is reading this post does the same before clicking on Place the Order with a company who they have never purchased from before. I am on Facebook and see threads posted on other companies who are scammers as well.
Thanks for the reply Alibiiv. I will keep trying to find a Lawrence cop who can answer the question.

I was a idiot and fell for the whole scam needing powder they did offer a CC option on top of Bitcoin long story short my CC is shut down while i try and dispute the 9 charges on my CC, i should have know better.
They will accept PayPal if you send it though friends and family then you have no protection for being scammed out of your hard earned money

They will accept PayPal if you send it though friends and family then you have no protection for being scammed out of your hard earned money
I got my credit union too stop the payment going though PayPal because after presenting evidence of the scam PayPal would do anything. PayPal then gave me 100$ credit as a sorry we f'ed up. Story is I was Lucky to get my money back thanks to my credit union and no thanks to PayPal!