Savage Magnum 112

I know you are a barrel nut as well, I am EXTREMELY PROUD of my ability to build a sub .5 MOA Savage off of a pawnshop action EVERY TIME.

However this thing has been built extremely well. I can't believe this but other than bedding I don't think I will touch it. No lapping, no NOTHING.

Incredible quality at any price point and I handled 4 of them and they all looked great. Look at the bolt lugs finish on these compared to ANY other non custom out there and you tell me. Definitely not MASS PRODUCED.

I'm a Savage supporter but only as a basis to build off of. I NEVER thought I would be shooting a STOCK rig. EVER.

I waited a couple of years as I had an Edge but I wish I had done this 2 yrs ago.

Looking forward to you guys' posts; have fun with it, cheers!

Well the jury is in.
2800 FPS with RL33 and H1000, Virgin brass, Winny primers(not coming off of 215Ms just yet). Ran .5 over book on H1000 and went 1.5 over on RL33. No pressure signs. Best firing pin placement and finish I have ever had in a Savage. No craters, ejector marks or bolt lift issues.
Averaged under .75MOA at SAAMI COAL with top pressure loads running under .5MOA. Great for me because I like to run fast.
Groups best at factory 3.68 OAL. 3.695 OAL was .5MOA looser.
ES was under 20 on all the RL33, the H1000 was closer to 40.
Accuracy wise the RL33 groups looked better as well.
The bench I had to shoot from was terrible, I would figure close to .25 MOA was in the setup.
Lotta FPE and accuracy for the $$$.
With the brass looking so good I will probably keep working with the RL33 and go a little higher, the groups are shrinking the faster she goes.
The SMKs seem to like the jump, I may load up some a little under SAAMI and see if it keeps shrinking.
Now that the brass is all fireformed, I will see what she can do for real.

Good info, I should have some 300 grain Berger data with H1000 by the weekend.
I'll post it here.
I was kinda depressed looking at the targets from downrange and even on the way home.
I was shooting my 7SAUM while the Lapua cooled and it drilled 15 shots into .686. I only had 1 target to shoot it at so I just kept pounding them in. A single 338 hole looked bigger than the whole 7mm group. I'm gonna have to shoot some 5 shot stuff with that 7.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.