Savage 112 Magnum .338 Lapua Action??

Thread resurrection alert!

I've exhausted my gun budget for at least a year BUT I'm still very much wanting to build a wildcat rig someday hopefully not so far away.

Question…any new developments with this 112 magnum target? It seems PERFECT for what I want to do (well one thing I want to do anyway) which is to build a .30 XC (as in .33 xc necked down / much the same as Kirby Allen's .300 raptor and Jeff Broz's .300 High country magnum). I don't mind the single shot aspect and in fact it's pointless to try building a repeater off a basic .338 lapua action for the xc cartridges…they're way longer. But a single shot…no problem.

Maybe buy a few barrels cuz…you know…

32 inch I'm thinking.

One with a slow twist to try getting my 120 Barnes tac tx to 5000 fps (I get 4050 out of my 26 inch .300 win mag…could be doable)

One with a medium twist (like 10) for all around performance testing up to the 225 eld m

And maybe a fast twist to see how far the 250 a tip can reach.

Just fantasizing at the moment but has anyone done this?

@snox801

Did you ever get a weight on that barrel?

I have a 110 FCP with the 112 target barrel on it. Looking to see what a carbon barrel would reduce it down to.

Now that Mesa Precision is going to be making stocks for these, could make for a light weight all CarboPapua....