Savage 112 magnum target.

gohring3006

Thinking about trading a couple of factory rifles in and getting the 112 Magnum Target in 338 Lapua.
Who has one, and what do you think?

I bought a 111 last year, and have also owned the 112 LRH, fit and finish were decent and about what you would expect for the price point of the rifle. If you get one I would recommend bedding at least the recoil lug, if not the whole action, I would also recommend installing a quality cheek riser to aid in proper cheek weld. I set up the whole rifle with a SHV scope and never even fired it so I cannot comment on how it groups. I just sold it due to it's overall excessive weight, the rifle weighed almost 16 pounds and wasn't practical for my hunting / carry needs. Decent "target" rifle or hunting rifle if weight is not an issue, hope this helps in your decision.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

Good info, thanks...
I wonder if anyone has tried some of the cheaper options in brass,
like Hornady and PPU and I think there is few others besides Lapua?

I have good luck with Lapua, Hornady, and American Eagle (Federal brass) for what it's worth.

Lv2hunt

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.